Location:Grand West Casino
Responsible to monitor the gaming floor and operation to ensure gaming and procedural compliance and protection of Company assets, staff and guests, in accordance with company standards and gaming regulations.
- Grade 12 or equivalent national qualification in gaming operations
- PSIRA C grade certificate
- 1 year experience in a gaming / financial auditing / law enforcement (e.g. SAPS, Security, Defence Force, etc) environment an advantage
- Experience using surveillance /equipment an advantage
- Meet the requirements for a gaming key licence and FICA
- PSIRA C registration
Work conditions and special requirements
- Ability to work shifts that meet operational requirements
- Work in a smoking environment
- Full visual acuity (including ability to discern colours)
Skills and Knowledge
- Problem Solving
- Collecting Information (listening; asking questions)
- Analytical skills
- Handling conflict
- Attention to detail
- Following Instructions
- Emotional resilience
- Honesty & Integrity
- Ability to deal with highly confidential information
- English verbal communication skills
- Rapid tracking and review of visual information
- Use surveillance equipment
- Betting procedures
- Compliance procedures and regulations
- Basic responsible gambling principles
- Basic computer skills
- Prolonged attention span
Key Performance Areas:
- Monitor all Gaming procedures on the gaming floor against the relevant functions.
- Complete target reports / punter scans on all gaming areas as per unit specific schedule
- Conduct system checks, alarm conditions and interfaces
- Record and report on faulty equipment
- Issue and check playing cards, where required and other gaming related equipment as per SOP
- Identifies, monitors and actions significant events actioned as per SOP: punter scanning, Jackpot verification, table activity, etc.
- Monitors all non-gaming procedures against the relevant function
- Proactively monitor high risk areas and emergency response as per set out procedures
- Reviews all video footage and other documentation/ reports relating to incidents, queries and variances
- Investigates all variances reported to the Surveillance Department
- Reports or escalates findings of the review and investigations
- Record and retain evidence to be used for further processes according to standards
Reporting & Administration
- Reporting all incidents and significant events to the relevant Stakeholders.
- Prioritises reports according to the severity of the incident.
- Captures relevant data on the EOB
- Compiles comprehensive reports where required
Please Note that ,Preference will be given to suitably qualified employees from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998 (and any amendments thereto), the relevant internal recruitment policy as well as units employment equity plans and Gaming Board License conditions.