Location:Sandton - Central Office
The IT Infrastructure Manager will be responsible for the management of the infrastructure team and driving the delivery of the IT infrastructure that refers to computer hardware, operating systems, networks, data centres and related equipment.
The IT Infrastructure Manager will also be responsible and have oversight to keep the related infrastructure at acceptable performance levels, available and stable through preventative maintenance, proactive monitoring, upgrade and addressing obsolescence in a manner that is easy, appropriate, reliable and secure in line with business and regulatory requirements. The role will also focus on building and enabling solid and engaged IT infrastructure talent to support and innovative for progressive IT operation.
The Infrastructure manager will ensure that all aspects of IT Infrastructure support is provided to IT operations teams that meets organizational SLAs
- BTech or equivalent
- CompTIA Network+ / Server+ Certifications an advantage
- 8 years experience in Managing IT Infrastructure including 5 years hands on experience with networks, operating systems, servers and storage
- Minimum of 5 years managing technical professionals
- Demonstratable knowledge of servers, storage area networks, data networks, virtualization and operating systems
- Demonstrable understanding of Project Management
- Working knowledge of clouded solutions
Skills and Knowledge
- Business & Financial Acumen
- Technology infrastructure methodologies
- Testing methodologies and practices
- Project management
- Vendor and contracts management
- Risk Management
- Microsoft, Cisco and VMware
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Creating and improving
- Sourcing information
- Applying expertise and technology
- Taking ownership
- Responding with urgency
- Team management
Key Performance Areas:
- Understand the IT, technology and business strategies and provide insight into the IT infrastructure roadmap and objectives including network, storage and security plans to support the operations
- Develop and embed the Sun International IT operational policies, standards and tools with a focus on key network, application and infrastructure tools to be implemented to effectively support the operation in various areas of the business
- Conduct proactive investigations and analyses into potential technology requirements and work with the team to deliver the technical components and technology infrastructure to support current and future business products, and processes
- Manage and facilitate the consolidation and rationalisation of infrastructure design and applications
- Manage the IT infrastructure to ensure that systems, processes and testing is in place to protect sensitive information; ensure that these are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and included in operational prioritization and planning
- Conduct risk impact analyses to determine the impact of failure of hardware, systems and data loss for critical business processes.
- Integrate business continuity and security programmes into network and infrastructure solutions throughout IT systems and platforms to mitigate any identified risks and meet business objectives and regulatory requirements
- Be available as a subject matter expert in IT infrastructure planning and provide guidance and support to business operations with any challenges and issues experienced
- Determine and facilitate the implementation of all IT infrastructure project requirements, as well as anticipate new changes to regulations, legislation and future requirements ensuring that plans are in place to make amendments and embed in the technology design
- Monitor and manage health-check assessments and testing of Sun Internationals network devices in real time through various protocols including critical network metrics; the health of device hardware.; the quality of WAN and Voip links; and the monitoring of syslogs and traps.
- Monitor and manage the status, availability, health, and performance of both physical and virtual servers including:
- CPU, memory, and disk utilization.
- Exchange servers, application servers, and Active Directory.
- Manage and participate in investigations into the root level of technology traffic and effectively manage bandwidth through identifying traffic consumption ensuring threshold-based alerts are in place when bandwidth consumption exceeds a pre-set limit; and shaping traffic by reconfiguring policies
- Manage the installation and updating of software and ensure database back-ups are executed in line with regulatory requirements
- Develop and monitor system maintenance plans by providing system validation procedures, maintenance reports, deactivation plans, and other documents, plans and capacity reports; continuously analysing the systems to determine when deactivation or replacement is required
- Provide guidance and timely recovery following the occurrence of an outage and / or network disruptions which result in the partial or complete disruption of business operations support
- Manage the development, maintenance and availability of governance standards and processes for the IT infrastructure function and align and embed practices with new legislative compliance, gaming regulation requirements and security protocols
- Facilitate IT audits to ensure correct governance over the use of technology and the protection of data, including controls to meet audit requirements, system access management, quarterly reviews and new employee hires and moves.
- Shared accountability for developing and managing the budget and expense management for the portfolio
- Relationship agreements with key suppliers, business partners and sponsors are built, negotiated and managed to achieve the business objectives and leverage new opportunities and joint initiatives
- Provide inspirational leadership and change management interventions to enhance employee engagement and motivation and nurture a performance driven and learning culture across the business
- Provide team management and leadership including training and development plans