To offer unemployed individuals exposure to Food preparation and presentation of exceptional culinary products according to Sun Internationals operational excellence standards, procedural compliance and customer experience expectations
Matric / Grade 12
6 months experience in a culinary operation recommended
Skills and Knowledge
- Food Preparation
- Conduct checks and preparations for service in line with SOP
- Identify issues with regards to own work station appearance and functioning of equipment
- Check cleanliness of own section or work station
- Participate in stock takes
- Interact with guests and provide professional service standards
- Dealing with customers.
Key Performance Areas:
- Support chefs in the daily operation and preparation of food / menu items according to recipe guidelines and preparation techniques including preparation of vegetables, sauces, salads, cold starters, and hot dishes.
- Successful completion of Learnership in National Certificate in Professional Cookery requirements.
- Willing to commit to and undergo a 12 month Learnership inclusive of theoretical and practical components.
- Attention to detail / quality orientation.
- Ability to communicate with others.
- Ability to work shifts.
- Physically able to move operating equipment.
- Mobility and ability to move around as per requirements (ability to stand while working for long periods of time).
- Produce an original certified copy of ID and Matric certificate upon request.
- Candidates must commit to 1 year of studies and work in the operational kitchens of Sun Time Square to gain practical experience.