The Cashiering Manager has the overall responsibility and accountability for leading and managing the cashiering and count operations for the business unit in line with gaming regulations; legislative requirements and company standards.
- Grade 12
- 3-year Degree\Diploma in Business Management is preferred
- Minimum of 8 years experience in the cashiering within the casino industry or a cash handling function; including 3 years in a management position.
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to work shifts that meet operational requirements
- Meets the requirements for a key Gaming License
- Mobility and ability to move around as per job requirements
Key Performance Areas:
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivered Cashiering Business Plan
- Compliance Management
- Count Management
- Budget Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Manage multiple teams that service guests visiting the business unit
- Prepares and controls a budget for the fuction within the business unit
- Requires specialised knowledge of technology, equipment and processes relating to cashiering practices, services and customers
- Medium term planning between 6-12 months involves conducting the planning of activities to meet and optimize new business targets and standards by working with others in the customer value chain;
- Organise, plan and prioritize tasks for self and team to ensure that work gets done cost effectively and efficiently;
- Effective scheduling to ensure that teams is adequately resourced to achieve targets/ meet job requirements
- Interact with cashiering customers an team influencing, motivating and encouraging specific behaviour.
- Apply business acumen and sound common sense to the shift management of cashiering operations and teams within regulated standards;
- Monitor changes at the cash desk and is quick to act upon potential opportunities and challenges;
- Consider all the facts, options and possible outcomes prior to making decisions;
- Analyse and diagnose performance/services issues in order to maximise or leverage the strengths of the team in a competitive environment;
- Deal with diverse problems in own area, using judgement and discretion to resolve them.