Monitors the Operation to ensure gaming and procedural compliance and protection of Company assets, staff and guests
- Matric Grade 12 with Maths literacy and English fluency
- Gaming license
- PSIRA C grade certificate
- Basic surveillance monitoring training (Intro to Surveillance, Tables, Slots, Finance, Cashiering toolkits)
- 1 year experience in a gaming / financial auditing / law enforcement (e.g. SAPS, Security, Defence Force, etc.) environment an advantage
- Experience using surveillance /equipment an advantage
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to work shifts that meet operational requirements
- Ability to focus on a specific task for long periods of time
- Good physical eyesight (with or without glasses or contacts) is a precondition to perform effectively.
- An ability to pick up simple changes in colour or movement
- Quick recognition of essential details and the ability to home in on relevant points or characteristics.
- Level and consistency of sustained concentration - prolonged attention span.
- Distinguishing between incident criteria and background noise.
- Sensitivity to deviations from standard.
- Ability to remain focussed over time and maintain attention to detail.
- Speed of review ability.
- An ability to review visual screens efficiently and to pick up both detail and the broader context.
- Human Vigilance / the ability to be vigilant for sustained periods of time
Key Performance Areas:
- Reporting all incidents and significant events to the relevant Stakeholders.
- Prioritises reports according to the severity of the incident.
- Captures relevant data on the EOB
- Compiles comprehensive reports where required
- Reviews all video footage and other documentation/ reports relating to incidents, queries and variances
- Investigates all variances reported to the Surveillance Department
- Reports findings of the review
- All Gaming procedures are monitored against the relevant functions.
- Complete target reports / punter scans on all gaming areas as per unit specific schedule
- System checks, alarm conditions and interfaces conducted
- Faulty equipment is reported and recorded
- Issuing and checking of playing cards, where required and other gaming related equipment as per SOP
- Identifies, monitors and actions significant events actioned as per SOP: punter scanning, jackpot verification, table activity, etc.
- Monitors all non-gaming procedures against the relevant function
- Proactive monitors high risk areas and emergency response as per set out procedures
- Record and retain evidence