The Senior Audit Manager role will be responsible to manage internal audit plans and deliver projects that provide independent objective assurance and ensure the effectiveness and adequacy of risk management processes; internal financial and other controls and reporting on the results thereof to central executives, committees and business unit management in line with standards and regulations. The role will be required to partner with management and staff at all levels in Sun International, external authorities, and multiple, cross functional teams to understand the overall business objectives, and ensure the work prioritized aligns with their business roadmap, and is in line with Company standards, statutory and regulatory requirements.
The role will be required to ensure all practices are in line with policy, frameworks and tools based on researched leading and industry practice, solutions and advise, enable and support business operations in achieving their objectives and upholds the integrity and credibility of the function.
- Honours Degree specialising in Commerce, Finance or Auditing
- CA (SA) or CIA / CISA with MBA is an advantage
- 10 years experience within an audit environment including a minimum of 4 years experience in a managerial position
- Demonstrated analytical and effective decision making ability to prioritize and communicate with management to achieve business goals
- Unwavering commitment to quality operations and data-driven program evaluation
Skills and Knowledge
- Initiating Action
- Organising & Managing Resources
- Creating Solutions
- Influencing & asserting
- Integrating (collaborating, consulting and managing conflict)
- Taking Ownership
- Analytical & Strategic insights
- Controlling Results & Risk
- Managing Customers & Stakeholders
- Leading People
- Programme Managemnent
- Total quality management
- Risk analysis and assessment techniques
- IT governance, risk and control tools and techniques
- Stakeholder Management
- Audit protocols
- Financial & Business acumen
- Building the Sunway Culture
Key Performance Areas:
- Develop, deliver and report on rolling and agile risk-based audit plans and an integrated system (including processes, people, standards, management frameworks, practices and technology) to support the business strategy aligned to business and regulatory requirements and gaming board regulations.
- Oversee the development and review of Suns governance frameworks to streamline and optimise audit processes and tools aligned to changing business processes and practices within operations, ensuring these are updated in line with changes to regulations and ensure that the audit need, scope and audit response and approach are adequate and appropriate.
- Research and benchmark trends in business auditing to ensure audit practices and controls remains cutting edge, reflective of the Sun International brand and leading practice in the industry.
- Work in cross-functional teams across Sun to help create innovative, integrated system requirements, to provide a solid audit and control foundation to support the competitive edge and business growth within the Suns operations.
- Offer expertise and provide leadership on audit principles and practices.
- Provide team leadership and management of work performed by the audit team including creating audit engagement scoping, and that the field work completed meets quality standards.
- Oversee the vetting and finalization of audit reports and remedial action, working with management and users to translate audit findings into high-level insights, conclude on findings and make practical recommendations.
- Performs periodic risk assessments, prioritize initiatives and determine resource needs as required.
- Delivers high quality, insightful reports to the Executive team, Gaming Board reports, Audit and Risk and various other committees; including compiling of group consolidated reports to identify trends and provide insights for future decision-making.
- Contribute and provide input and insights into the strategic plans for Internal Audit.
- Communicates with and educates process owners on the importance of controls, effective control environments and the role of Internal Audit to their business.
- Champions process re-engineering by challenging the status quo of current processes and suggesting improvements or alternatives.
- Suns high-performing audit talent is developed, coached and retained.