Responsible for the effective day-to-day management of the business units financial performance, financial controls, fiscal discipline and finance team with specific regard to achieving business profitability and improving financial operational standards.
- Grade 12
- B.Com Honours (CTA) WITH Articles
- Registration as Chartered Accountant is an added Advantage
- Minimum 5-years experience in a general financial management environment
- Experience in hospitality/gaming environment is an added advantage
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to work shifts that meet operational requirements
- Meets the requirements for a key Gaming License
Key Performance Areas:
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivered Financial Planning and Results
- Financial Governance
- Financial Management
- People Leadership
- Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Requires specialised theoretical knowledge and processes relating to financial practices, processes and regulations
- Medium term planning 12-24 months involves conducting the planning of activities to meet and optimize new business targets and growth
- Organise, plan and prioritise tasks for self and team to ensure that work gets done profitably and efficiently;
- Effective scheduling to ensure that team is adequately resourced to achieve targets/meet job requirements;
- Interact with stakeholders and team influencing, motivating and encouraging specific behavior.
- Apply business acumen and sound common sense to the overall management of financial operations and teams within regulated standards;
- Monitor changes in the financial operating areas and is quick to act upon potential opportunities, risks and challenges;
- Consider all the facts, options and possible deliverables prior to making decisions
- Analyse and diagnose product performance issues in order to maximisse or leverage the strength of the team in a competitive environment
- Deal with diverse problems in own area, using judgement and discretion to resolve them.
- Provide Information and make recommendations regarding operational requirements;
- Solve a wide range of queries related to Financial performance, dealing with these sensitively and within operational/procedural limitations;
- Solutions should be profitable and effective in delivery business results;
- Arbitrate/resolve difficult conflict situations/complaints/issues and disputes;
- Optimise and streamline existing systems and processes to support the business strategy in terms of cost efficiency, managing risks and improving the service offering;
- There are guidelines/policies and procedures in place to be followed, but the incumbent needs constantly consider ways of improving productivity and profitability.
- Shared accountability for the financial end-results for the business unit