Responsible to provide exceptional, personalised luggage and customer service to guests on arrival and throughout their stay in the hotel to ensure that their stay is worth remembering.
- Matric/ Grade 12 (with minimum of 2 years relevant experience in a customer facing position)
- Excellent communication skills (Written &Verbal)
- Experience in a customer service environment is an advantage
Work conditions and special requirements
- Ability to work shifts that meet operational requirements
- Physically able to move around as per job requirements
- Have an open attitude to perform similar functions to those contained in this document , in alternative outlets due to operational requirements
Skills and Knowledge
Core behavioural competencies
- Dealing with Customers
- Problem solving
- Collecting information
- Verbally informing
- Team Co-operations
Technical / proficiency competencies
- Hotel Product Knowledge (facilities and activities)
- Luggage procedures
- English Verbal and Written Communication skills
- Basic PC skills
Key Performance Areas:
Prepared Work Environment
- Identify issues with regards the workstation appearance/ functioning of equipment and systems
- Check overall cleanliness of the porte cochere areas
- Ensure awareness of the arrivals and VIP guests daily and understands special requirements as communicated by Manager /Supervisor.
- Assist in preparing and distributing welcome / VIP amenities.
- Be familiar with the hotel and resort facilities, promotions and activities
Delivered Luggage Services
- Collect guest luggage and equipment on arrival and take through to front deskTag baggage items and return the identification slips to guests.
- Escort guests to their room, placing luggage in room assigned by front desk.
- Inspects guest room for order and adequate supplies and informs guests of room amenities
- Report any faults, maintenance issues/guest needs to the Supervisor/Manager
- Delivers faxes, messages, packages and flowers to guests rooms and other offices.
- Collect, tag and deliver group luggage.
- Assist guests with long term luggage storage requests by safely storing and providing ticketing for guest coats and personal items.
- Update and file any luggage documentation
- Transport departing guests luggage from the room to the lobby, then into a car or taxi after reconfirming with the guest.
- Be present at the porte cochere and maintain proper decorum at all times.
- Connect with all guests by providing them with a warm welcome, greeting them with a friendly smile, acknowledging them on arrival and departure, and ensuring respect at all times
- Interact with guests and provide professional service standards and solutions to questions and enquiries
- Identifies customers and understand their preferences
- Handle any customer complaints, requests and / or suggestions to resolution, escalating if necessary
- Escort guests to their rooms, and explains and upsells hotel facilities, products, reward programme and current promotions
- Assist with answering the telephone at the concierge desk and porte cochere