Responsible and accountable to process payments, receipts allocation and bank statement reconciliation in IFS, in line with Company and SSC standards and regulations.
2-Year Diploma in Accounting
3 years experience as a cash book clerk
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge required involves the practical application of work procedures and processes
- Planning is generally on a short-term basis (within 3 months) and within regular activity cycles.
- Communicates, co-ordinates and interacts with others in the value chain to ensure the shared service centre achieves its SLA with the units
- Manages one's time and resources to ensure that objectives are achieved effectively and on time.
- English written and verbal communication skills
- Numerical skills (calculations)
- Problem Solving
- Cash book processing and reconciliation process knowledge
- Proficient computer skills (MS Office / IFS Finance and cash books
- Telephone skills
Key Performance Areas:
- Match receipts to AR invoices and posting of unmatched receipts using the parked receipts function in IFS.
- Process EFT payments generated from payment proposals into the bank EFT payment systems .
- Obtain approval from two signatories to release payments on the bank's payment system.
- Capture bank transfers on IFS and payments through the bank system.
- Process payment of expenses via the bank EFT system as required from expenses clerk.
- Process payments via NedTreasury for foreign exchange payments
- Respond to any queries from units regarding cash books via Teamworks.
- Daily download of bank statement data and upload into IFS. Posting of all transactions into IFS.
- Daily reconciliation of bank account by matching all entries in IFS
- Daily review of bank balance to ensure there is a positive balance
- Continuous follow-up of all unmatched entries.
- Assist other clerks in the Cashbook team with queries and processing where necessary
- Filing of physical payments / expenses
- Meet the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for this role (eg: daily reconciliation,long outstanding receipts, payments processed etc).
- Keep management updated with regards progress, and where necessary escalate unresolved issues
- Respond to and resolve queries with internal and external clients
- Develop and maintain sound working relationships with relevant departments
- Interact with clients and provide professional service standards and solutions
- Keep up to date with functional services and facilities