Unit:Boardwalk Hotel - Convention Centre and Spa
- Responsible for evaluating, preparing page layouts, formatting, customising, PDFing, delivery and back up of custom high-end graphics, bespoke design requests and creative artwork for the business unit, with the aim of ensuring final material is 100% technically correct and ready for print or publishing, in line with Company Corporate Identity standards. Artwork deliverables may include a range of bespoke covers, templates, logos, invites, newsletters, flyers, posters, brochures and art files.
- Diploma in graphic design, graphic arts, or graphic communications or equivalent.
- Presentation of an artistic portfolio.
- 3 years experience in DTP
- Experience using Creative Suite (including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
Skills and Knowledge
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Technical specs, which would include the following
- Size - Bleed, trim, type and image area, die traces & die lines.
- Colour - CMYK, RGB, black & white, spot colour, varnish, overprinting, knocking out, press compensation.
- Format - Jpeg, tiff, pdf, open files, etc.
- Resolution - Dpi and scale.
- Font - supplied or converted.
- Images and logo - format, size, resolution, colour.
- Extensive knowledge on retouching.
- An extensive knowledge of the Repro profession regarding both litho & digital processes
- Computer literacy MS Office
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to organize visual elements.
Key Performance Areas:
- Understand the brief and ensure that all information and files are gathered
- Co-ordinate planning to ensure deadlines are met and prioritise workflow
- Collaborate with Fusion designers and writers to customise artwork or text
- Find and edit graphics, such as photographs or illustrations
- Verify source files and fonts and the conversion of files for print.
- Format and PDF documentation and artwork and ensure this is checked 100% to technical specs, including:
- place and resize localized screen dumps and art files,
- generate indexes and tables of contents
- selecting formatting, such as the size and style of type, column width and spacing
- selecting and checking colours
- scanning and editing photographs and other images.
- producing graphics such as diagrams, charts and tables
- re-sizing design elements to fit the page
- making sure images are positioned near the relevant portion of text
- making sure that each page, and the document as a whole, is uncluttered and well balanced
- using electronic publishing technologies, such as Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) to convert documents to an internet-ready format.
- Be aware and have full understanding of cost implications and sense of responsibility towards budget restrictions
- Finalize formatted documents for printing or electronic publication
- Co-ordinate back up work and files correctly
- Provide feedback to management.
- Quality assure artwork produced against CI standards; as well as check proofs, or preliminary layouts, for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar errors and make necessary corrections
- Close out any requests and any related admin with relevant stakeholders
- Maintain and follow best practices for versioning control, naming convention and organization of graphic files.
- Liaises directly with the Fusion creative team and Traffic/Production Manager to determine deadlines, job instructions and design requirements to ensure timeous delivery in line with agreed SLA
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders (including Unit and Group Marketing management) by promptly resolving queries; requests
- Report and provide feedback to management on progress and challenges