Responsible to supervise the day to day delivery of the food and beverage service and team within a specific outlet/conference center with the objectives of maintaining standards of service: enhancing the customer experience: and operating equipment and stock in line with Company standards.
- 3-Year Hotel School Diploma or equivalent National Qualification at a Diploma level
- 3-4years in the food and beverage industry including experience in banqueting, in-room dining: and /or restaurant operations.
Skills and Knowledge
- Food& Beverage Costing, Managing Food & Beverage Cost of Sales, Product Knowledge, Stock Controlling and Proficient MS Office skills
- Micros /Opera is preferred
- Kronos Management
- Ability to work shifts that meet operational requirements
- Physically able to move operating equipment
Key Performance Areas:
- Put in place staff scheduling and duty allocations to ensure maximum coverage
- Handle shift briefings / handovers / shift reports
- Interact and be present on the floor during service to understand and assist clients with requests, special requirements, recommendations, concerns, resolution of complaints, etc.
- Manage staff appearance and floor appearance/ functioning of equipment and systems for the outlet
- Report and resolve any issues experienced
- Manage the control of stock and operating equipment as per SOP for the outlet
- Cash-ups at the end of the shift
- Maintenance of all control systems / programmes
- Conducting administrative duties set by the company and its management.
- Monitoring of stock rotation, Food & Beverage Costing Food & Beverage Product Knowledge
- Function sheets (if relevant), OE use & storage
- Maintain hygiene and walk through scores audited by FCS between 92% and 100%.
- Attending Bi-weekly departmental meetings
- Maintaining 5 star service standards as set by the company
- Monitoring of line staff productivity and informing management of any concerns.
- Assisting management with quarterly appraisals
- Effective supervision of Employment Relations within the work place.
- Ensure efficient collection of all stock ordered by management is taking place daily, weekly & monthly following all policies and procedures set by the company
- Adhere strictly to the provisions and regulations as contained in the Liquor Act No.87 of 1977 and other regulations that may be applicable to the sale of alcoholic beverages.
- Keeping an update of market trends and reacting on these effectively and efficiently, thus reporting this to management
- Monitoring staff behaviour and performance and informing management of any irregularities.