To provide specialist tax support to ensure that Sun International complies with tax legislation.
· B.Com Accounting
· Post graduate qualification in tax essential (e.g. H. Dip Tax, Hons in Tax or M.Com Tax)
· Minimum 3 4 years experience in Corporate tax;
Skills and Knowledge
· Attention to detail
· Quality Orientation
· Initiating action
· Planning and organising
· Customer relationship management
· Technical/Professional Knowledge (Tax)
· Business policies and procedures
· Financial acumen
· Business acumen
· Business writing skills
Key Performance Areas:
- Compile tax returns (income tax, provisional income tax, / dividend withholding tax (DWT), VAT) according to SARS guidelines and timelines, including all supporting documentation,
- Review IT14SD prepared for sign-off by the Group Tax Manager,
- Provide assistance with tax payments to SARS as per deadlines,
- Identify that DTW must be completed for preference shares and dividend payments and provide guidance to Group Tax consultant in collating the necessary documentation,
- Identify that a share transaction has occurred for non-complex share transfers and submit the transaction on e-filing for Securities Transfer Tax (STT) to be loaded and a payment reference number generated.
- Ensure that the STT return is sent to the Financial Manager for payment to SARS and save the return on the tax share drive and on the STT file.
- Review the dividend reconciliation spreadsheet completed by Group Tax Consultant and submit the DTR02 return,
- Provide assistance in collecting tax related information to complete ITB10 returns for controlled foreign companies (CFCs) and perform initial review
- Provide input into investigations related to SARS queries and assist in responding and resolving queries timeously,
- Update queries register with SARS case numbers and queries closed out.
- Maintain and update tax clearance register
- Complete VAT201, DTR01/DTR02 and ITR14 submissions are completed in a timely manner
- Review draft letters of objection in disputes or queries with SARS for sign-off by Group Manager: Tax.
- Update SARS with registration details e.g. banking details for refunds
- Engage with stakeholders to provide clarification, professional advice, guidance and assistance related to tax requirements, legislation, tax implications, SARS policies and requirements,
- Assist in research into changes in tax legislation and provide input into possible impact of changes in legislation and provide professional advice and guidance to stakeholders,
- Research best tax practice and advise stakeholders accordingly,
- Assist in tax dispute investigations and resolving of disputes with SARS,
- Share knowledge with team and stakeholders to ensure compliance to tax regulations and reduce risks to SI
- Provide support to the Finance Share Service Center with respect to tax accounting as required
- Assist in reviewing tax packs from units to ensure completeness, accuracy and compliance to company guidelines and legislative requirements.
- Review of monthly effective tax rate for unit submissions
- Provide input and assistance in compiling the Group Tax report bi-annually by following up on e.g. disputes in countries, provisions that may be served, etc.
- Identify relevant tax updates to be implemented according to current legislation,
- Identify potential risks and advise stakeholders as per best tax practice,