Responsible to provide exceptional, personalised luggage, transport and customer service to guests on arrival and throughout their stay in the hotel to ensure that their stay is memorable.
- Experience in a customer service environment is an advantage
- Public Drivers Permit (PDP)
- Valid Drivers licence Code 10 with a clean driving record
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to work shifts that meet operational requirements (including weekends, public holidays and shifts)
- Physically able to stand, drive, lift luggage and move around as per job requirements
- Have an open attitude to perform similar functions to those contained in this document , in alternative outlets due to operational requirements
Key Performance Areas:
Prepared Work Environment
- Identify issues with regards the workstation appearance/ functioning of equipment and systems
- Conduct inspections of vehicles and identify any issues to be addressed
- Check overall cleanliness of vehicles, parking areas and general porte cochere area
- Check fuel levels and ensure car is ready to transport guests
- Review the arrival and VIP lists daily and understands special requirements
- Be aware and investigate directions for any new or unfamiliar destinations to which guests will be travelling
- Co-ordinate the scheduling of maintenance of vehicles when necessary
- Assist in preparing and distributing welcome / VIP amenities
- Be familiar with the hotel and resort facilities, promotions and activities
- Co-ordinate and park vehicles of visiting guests and residents
- Assist guests in storing their luggage in the vehicle and unloading them on arrival at the hotel or destination
- Report all accidents, injuries, unsafe working conditions and damage to hotel vehicles and related property.
- Greet all guests when they enter the vehicle; and assist disabled guests as necessary.
- Transport guests safely to any destination in accordance with hotel policies and rules.
- Plan routes to destination
- Log transport to external destinations and file necessary documentation
- Raise charges
- May be required to collect and deliver other items as requested by management
Delivered Luggage Services
- Collect guest luggage and equipment on arrival and take through to front desk
- Tag baggage items and return the identification slips to guests.
- Escort guests to their room, placing luggage in room assigned by front desk.
- Inspects guest room for order and adequate supplies and informs guests of room amenities
- Assist guests with long term luggage storage requests by safely storing and providing ticketing for guest coats and personal items.
- Update and file any luggage documentation
- Transport departing guests luggage from the room to the lobby, then into a car or taxi after reconfirming with the guest.
- Be present at the porte cochere and maintain proper decorum at all times.
- Connect with all guests by providing them with a warm welcome, greeting them with a friendly smile, acknowledging them on arrival and departure, and ensuring respect at all times
- Interact with guests and provide professional service standards and solutions to questions and enquiries
- Identifies customers and understand their preferences
- Handle any customer complaints, requests and / or suggestions to resolution, escalating if necessary
- Escort guests to their rooms, and explains and upsells hotel facilities, products, reward programme and current promotions
- Assist with answering the telephone at the concierge desk and porte cochere