Responsible for the effective day-to-day management of Food & Beverage operations (including restaurants, beverage operations and food and beverage service in the casino operations), with specific regard to:
- achieving profitability in specific outlets
- improving of standards of operation
- maximizing customer satisfaction
- facilities and product maintenance and enhancement
- duty management shifts
- ensuring all F&B operational efforts on the casino floor achieve the F&B strategy and objectives
- Hotel School Diploma or equivalent National Qualification at a Diploma level
- 5-6 years in the food and beverage industry of which at least 3 years experience in a supervisory role within a food and beverage operation.
Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrated Intermediate Computer Literacy Skills
- Good Commnunication skills
Key Performance Areas:
Key Performance Areas:
- Food & Beverage Strategy Implementation
- Understand the Unit F&B strategy and align the development of objectives for the various outlets
- Provide input into the development of strategic objectives for the Units F&B deliverables
- Manage the communication and achievement of F&B deliverables and milestones
- Conduct F&B product analyses and benchmark with leading F&B trends
- Conduct risk analyses into impact on short term profit margins vs. long term sustainability
- Communicate with all relevant Stakeholders internally at unit level
- Manage and allocate people and operational resources
- Facilitate marketing plans relative to food and beverage promotions in the outlets
- Align implementation with EE, SD and procurement transformation processes so as to contribute towards BBBEE targets being achieved for the property
- Product Enhancement
- Collaborate with the F&B Manager to complete a competitor analysis of food and beverage in property catchment areas including pricing comparisons
- Conduct product performance analyses / reviews and make recommendations to address opportunities and gaps
- Provide product rationalisation on a regular basis or as required
- Motivate new product enhancements
- Compile action plans for the implementation of approved projects
- Measure ROI and performance on a regular basis
- Shift management
- Put in place staff scheduling and duty allocations to ensure maximum coverage
- Handle shift briefings / handovers / shift reports
- Interact and be present on the floor during service to understand and assist clients with requests, special requirements, recommendations, concerns, resolution of complaints, etc.
- Manage staff appearance and floor appearance/ functioning of equipment and systems for the outlet
- Report and resolve any issues experienced
- Manage the control of stock and operating equipment as per SOP for the outlet
- Cash-ups at the end of the shift
- F&B Standards & Governance
- Monitor F&B standards and processes
Align practices with new legislative compliance around health, hygiene, safety and the environment
- Implement sufficient control measures (including systems and processes) & checks within each outlet to mitigate any financial risk to the business. All staff in F&B to adhere the policy and procedures.
- Conduct weekly walkabouts of all F&B front of house and back of house areas to monitor compliance
- Encourage a waste management culture and ensure all staff are trained.
- Work with internal stakeholders (maintenance, finance, HR, and security) to identify risk areas and address these
- Consolidate monthly Financial results and trends for specific outlets in preparation of the financial report including:
- Salary forecast vs actuals salary monthly forecast to be based on rosters. Track and monitor salary cost in relation to revenue achieved daily and make adjustments throughout the month to bring salary cost in line as a percentage of revenue.
- Absenteeism actively manage and report on absenteeism in line with company policy, rules, and regulations
- Productivity Covers per hour/drinks per hour needs to be monitored daily to ensure staff are operating at the required level to achieve and exceed budgeted revenues with remedial action taken when not tracking on target.
- Sales targets report on variation to set sales targets in line with staff productivities and revenues. Report on remedial action taken when targets not met.
- Labor brokers report on the use of labour brokers and various against productivities
- People management and Development
- Lead and motivate F&B employees and promote positive working relationships, direction and support
- Lead and facilitate departmental communication ensuring employee and management interaction
- Measure and monitor employee engagement
- Identify and monitor training, coaching and development requirements in line with strategic plans, e.g. skills shortages, succession plans, talent management
- Develop staff competence levels to meet operational requirements (right fit for the job)
- Participate in the sourcing and selection of talent as per EE plan to build the future food and beverage talent pipeline
- Performance Manage and coach outlet managers to ensure KPAs are achieved
- Manage employee relations within the F&B function (monthly meetings with Union - formalised, minuted, issues addressed).
- Financial management
- Participate in the preparation of budget forecasts & controls
- Consolidate Capex requirements for specific outlets
- Guide and consolidate the completion of Cost of Sales reports including
- Theoretical COS per outlet for food & beverage respectively.
- Recipes Recipe links needs to be in place to ensure accuracy and legitimacy of theoretical as well as put us in a position for the theoretical to be system generated.
- Food recipe All menu item food recipes to be reviewed and signed off and where needed recaptured into the system MC or IFS to ensure accurate food theoretical.
- Procurement All supplier prices and supplier price quotes to be reviewed and monitored on a monthly basis going forward to ensure we monitor and track price movements to minimize input cost fluctuations.
- Cost control oversee the conducting of accurate stock takes in line with Company process. Use stock takes variance reports to manage underperforming outlets in relation to COS
- Customer Relationship Management
- Provide input into the development of a CVP in line with the unit strategy and guest feedback
- Deal with any escalations / complaints
- Frequent Interaction with guests (especially VIPs)
- Support VIP services in various initiatives i.e. functions, events
- Communicates customer standards to department for implementation
- Monitors customer standards and addresses gaps
- Be present and provide management support in F&B outlets and operation
- Stakeholder relationship management
- Maintains regular communication with all relevant stakeholders with regards progress, issues, changes, etc.
- Provides feedback on operations to F&B Management / General Manager on initiatives, performance, concerns, etc.
- Manages non-conformance issues
- Staff are informed of relevant information to contribute to operational effectiveness
- Departmental objectives, standards and operating procedures are communicated to internal and external service providers as per SLA