Responsible for analysing business levels and accurately scheduling team members for various operational areas across the business unit in line with occupancy levels and business activities with the aim of improving productivity and containing staffing costs.
3-Year Degree in Business Administration
- 5 years experience including experience at a management level
- Ability to flexible around shifts and available in line with meet operational requirements
Skills and Knowledge
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced skills in MS Office
- Root Cause Analysis
- Reporting skills
- Working with graphical and numerical data
- Productivity / Staffing ratios
- Understanding of Gaming Products and processes
- Understanding of hospitality standards and processes
- Business Intelligence tools
- Proficiency in Kronos / Bally / Cracker
Key Performance Areas:
Business / Staffing Data Analytics
- Identify internal client objectives / activities and functions within business operations and advise on suitable metrics to provide the business with relevant business / staffing intelligence
- Prepare a weekly schedule for assigned areas using the scheduling database including the scheduling of hourly paid staff.
- Analyse the effects of staffing ratios on achieving operational objectives and performance targets
- Recommend and execute initiatives and actions arising from the analyses on how to optimise staffing levels in line with business levels
- Create and apply staffing tools and reports to monitor staffing levels and enhance employee productivity to ensure that the environment remains relevant and competitive
- Balance business need and team member availability to provide schedules that minimize overtime and report on respective pay requirements
- Adjust schedules per Policy / Procedure as needed based on attendance levels, special events, call-ins, and other factors
- Work with departmental management to ensure team members are scheduled in the correct roles
- Analyse and report on labor information for the company Flash report including balance of hours worked
- Compile and update departmental rosters forecasts and rotations in line with business trends
- Compile productivity reports on a weekly basis in line with staffing ratios
- Provide reports on data analyses and variances to managers as needed
- Maintains confidential information and protects employee data
Staffing System Hygiene
- Research and keep up to date with leading practice and relevant staffing systems, dashboards and channels and update any changes to staffing policies and procedures
- Provide information and update records relating to employee information, account codes, position codes, skill codes, pay rates, and account numbers.
- Audit integrity of data through regular system data review, making any necessary adjustments.
- Update, record and edit details of daily /weekly review of team member time sheets within the system.
- Provide input to payroll software and troubleshoot any system issues.
- Report and follow-through to resolution on any system challenges to IT / system provider.
Productivity Standards & Governance
- Monitor staff scheduling standards and processes
- Align policy and system with new labour legislative compliance
- Conduct an analysis of time and motion to determine acceptable staffing ratios
- Implement sufficient control measures (including systems and processes) & checks within each area to mitigate any financial risk to the business.
- Conduct weekly walkabouts of all gaming front of house and back of house areas to monitor compliance with regards practice
- Work with internal stakeholders (finance, HR, and security) to identify risk areas and address these
- Escalate any non-conformance issues and discrepancies
Stakeholder relationship management
- Respond to questions posed by management and team members relating to scheduling and specific pay practices/policies.
- Investigate, complete and obtain approval on payroll adjustments received from Management to ensure accuracy.
- Submit the adjustment through to payroll.
- Maintain back-up records and explanations for hours and pay
- Provides feedback, recommendations to improve productivity and reports back to management on productivity challenges