Unit:The Table Bay
The SHE Officer will be responsible to work with key stakeholders within the business to promote a SHE culture and coordinate Safety, Health and Environmental projects and governance by aligning unit operations with the Business Unit Strategy, legislative requirements and regulations.
- Grade 12
- 3-Year B Degree in Occupational Health & Safety or Environmental management is an advantage
- Certification in Environmental Management (ISO 14001/IEMA)
- Certification in Health and Safety Management (ISO18001)
- Minimum 3 - 5 years relevant experience.
Skills and Knowledge
- Analytical skills
- Team Co-operation
- Written communication
- Clerical / Admin
- Handling Information
- Developing stakeholder relationships
- Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Environmental regulations
- Investigation skills
- Report writing
- ISO system
- NOSA system
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Project management skills
- Waste management knowledge
Key Performance Areas:
- Compile control standards, checklists and tools to be used by the business on SHE requirements (against regulations)
- Collaborate with business areas to identify SHE risks that exist within operational areas to identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace
- Conduct and coordinate on-site inspections and checks of various operational areas within the unit to audit physical conditions and safe work practices in line with regulatory requirements
- Investigate and report on accidents and incidents that have occurred in business operational areas.
- Facilitate the compilation of documentation and report on SHE incidents and accidents in business operational areas.
- Co-ordinate schedules and action plans for SHE projects and initiatives to improve and maintain standards.
- Communicate objectives and plans to business operations for implementation, providing the necessary ideas, tools and support for implementation.
- Facilitate the preparation and logistics of projects or initiatives to be implemented
- Participate in the execution of projects and initiatives and be present during Implementation
- Compile reports on SHE initiatives, incidents and statistics across the Group.
- Analyse and review statistics relating to absenteeism, occupational health risks and injury
- Maintain regular communication (e.g. communicates product performance) with business areas and SHE Committees within the business operations to gather relevant data and information reports