Overall responsibility and accountability for the leadership and management of the human resources team and function and the effective and efficient integration and delivery of human resources initiatives and projects at a business unit level to support the achievement of the business strategy; in line with budget and legislative compliance.
- B. Degree in Human Resources Management
- 10 years experience including 4 years management experience in human resources as an HR Business Partner.
Skills and Knowledge
- Interviewing Skills
- Employee Relations Processes
- Labour legislation
- Functional HR knowledge recruitment, learning & development; performance management; talent management; workforce planning
- Change Management
- Remuneration & benefits
- Business Acumen
- Project Management
- Proficiency in MS Office; PeopleSoft
- Financial Management
- Communication skills (Verbal and Written)
- Personal Credibility & integrity
Key Performance Areas:
Delivered HR Business Unit Plan
- Understand the Group HR strategy and develop objectives for the Units HR deliverables
- Facilitate the programme management and achievement of milestones of HR deliverables and departmental budget
- Investigate HR practices and benchmark with leading trends and technology
- Identify and investigate new opportunities to streamline and optimise HR processes and services for the property
- Conduct risk analyses i.t.o impact on short term profit margins vs. long term sustainability
- Provide clear delegation of authority and accountability for deliverables at all levels
- Manage and allocate people and operational resources including the data integrity of the HR Information System
- Align practices with EE, SD and procurement transformation strategies which contribute towards BBBEE targets being achieved for the property
- Reports on the human resource and workforce trends; statistics; project status updates highlighting remedial action to be taken, ROI analytics and measurements
HR Governance & Counsel
- Oversee that HR standards and processes are developed, communicated and audited on a regular basis within the business unit
- Manage internal audit processes and conduct quality assurance to ensure procedural compliance
- Research new technologies and alternative methods of efficiency to improve and streamline processes and products.
- Align practices with new legislative compliance around labour law and regulations
- Implement sufficient control measures (including systems and processes) & checks within each department to mitigate any risk to the business.
- Conduct regular walkabouts of the business unit to ensure practices comply with standards
- Drive a performance management culture and ensure all staff are competent
- Work with Unit EOC and business partners to identify risk areas and address these making recommendations; changes and enhancements
- Act as a counsel for the Unit EOC in all aspects of HR matters
- Partners with GM, Unit EOC and the Group ER to build an employee relations plan that will ensure a sound ER environment within the business unit
- Sponsor ER programs and initiatives to enhance positive employee relations and proactive management of the ER climate at BU Level
- Partner with the business in leading change and communication with regards policies and processes within the business unit
- Participates at a Group level in representing the Company at wage negotiations and other union / management forums
- Nurture co-operative relationships with union representatives to ensure effective relations within the business unit
- Provide feedback to Management with regards feelings on the floor and initiate constructive solutions with regards challenges that may be encountered
- Oversee the partnering with business unit operations to facilitate the execution of all talent management processes in the operations including: recruitment, onboarding, performance management consulting, learning and development needs analyses, talent and succession planning and management.
- Partners with Group COEs to drive initiatives for building the SI Employee Value Proposition and Employer Branding in order to create a Great Place To Work environment
- Drive the performance management process throughout the operations to ensure the effectiveness of service delivery and alignment to achieve business strategy and goals.
- Partners with Group COE to manage recruitment and succession planning processes to attract and retain the best-in-class talent ensuring a sustainable bench of growing ready now talent for key positions on the complex
- Leads the execution of talent retention programmes within the relevant business units including reward programmes for exceptional performers
- Analyses the Business Units change capability, capacity and commitments,
- Identify transformational change journey risks, and defines the risk management initiatives.
- Develops and implements change and communication plans for the business unit, managing the business readiness to change and the existing and new strategic and cultural issues.
- Monitors the execution of the business case for change against agreed metrics.
- Proactively feels the pulse of the Business unit and actively engages the leadership into action.
- Oversee the effective management of remuneration and benefits for the unit
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to identify wellness risk areas and address these through potential new programs or solutions.
- Initiates and drives appropriate recognition and rewards programmes and other employee motivational programmes e.g. long service awards; roadshows, FLAG programmes
- Work with the unit leadership to promote team effectiveness and a culture reflective of the Company values
- Initiate innovative forums and ideas to promote a proactive and engaged workforce
- Provides direction and support to all functional management and employees with regard to operationalizing strategic deliverables
- Provides motivation and leadership to promote positive working relationships
- Track, measure and enhance employee engagement
- Drives a performance management culture
- Identify and manage training, coaching and development requirements in line with strategic plans, e.g. skills shortages, succession plans, talent management to build a solid talent pipeline
- Manage change processes and communication to ensure all employees and business partners are aligned on changes taking place across the business unit
- Manage internal communication and development interventions to ensure competence levels of staff meet operational level requirements (right fit for the job)
- Source and Select talent as per EE plan
- Drive the employee value proposition
- Performance Manage and coaching of reporting managers to ensure KPAs are achieved
Manage the budget for the unit HR function including:
- Cost management
- PIP and forecasting
- Financial reporting for the function
- Financial reporting on the ROI of projects initiatives
Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Acts as coach and trusted business advisor to influence Functional Managers in the areas of HR Policy, organization effectiveness, leading change, organization architecture, building capability, employee relations and the implications of decisions from an HR perspective.
- Initiates and sustains continuous dialogue with the Operational teams on change issues, and partners in exploring options for resolving the issues.
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders (including management, payroll, Group COE, staff and HR colleagues) by promptly resolving escalated queries;
- Attend various industry conferences in order to stay informed of best practices and industry trends;
- Monitor and manage staff, service providers and other stakeholder expectations in order to build long term relationships and employee engagement
- Manage relationship with vendors/suppliers through regular engagements to ensure performance objectives are achieved
- Build trusted and respected relationships with internal stakeholders, and be a sound and credible counsel for HR and operating teams