- Responsible to be the frontline customer service point for facilitating the flow and securing of cash from transactional exchanges with guests, satellite stations and other cash desk areas on the gaming floor (including caions and vault) as required, in line with internal professional standards and gaming regulations.
- Grade 12.
- Previous experience in a customer facing / cashiering role.
- Experience in the gaming industry would be an advantage.
- You will be required to work shifts and will be rostered to work in an smoking environment.
Skills and Knowledge
- Problem Solving.
- Collecting Information (listening; asking questions).
- Dealing with Customers.
- Attention to detail.
- Checking (accuracy in the handling and recording of transactions).
- Following Instructions.
- Emotional resilience.
- Honesty in the handling of cash.
- English verbal communication skills.
- Numerical skills (calculations).
- Cash / credit transaction knowledge.
- Detect fraudulent currency.
- FICA threshold and suspicious transaction reporting.
- Cash desk equipment usage and maintenance
- Cashiering administration.
- Basic computer skills
Key Performance Areas:
Prepared Work Area
- Check work area and ensure all equipment is functioning and ready for service.
- Check cleanliness of own section or station.
- Communicate and follow-up on the correction of any equipment faults or defects.
- Connect with all guests by providing them with a warm welcome, greeting them with a friendly smile, acknowledging them on arrival and departure, and ensuring respect at all times.
- Interact with guests and provide professional service standards and relevant solutions.
- Identifies customers and understand their preferences.
- Educate customers on business unit facilities, products and current promotions.
- Handle any customer complaints, requests and / or suggestions to resolution, escalating if necessary.
Cash Desk Transactions
- Handle all player transaction requirements with regards the exchange of cash, chips, vouchers and smart cards and paying out winnings.
- Reconciliations (treasury, automated cashier machine, chip) are completed daily.
- Calculate and execute pay-outs.
- Accurately conduct financial transactions on the gaming systems.
- Identifies and escalates suspicious transactions and possible fraudulent activity.
- Conduct cash-ups and reconcile float at the end of service.
- Substantiate and report on any float variances.
- Secure and transport float as required.
- Guest information and copies of trading and transactional documentation is accurately recorded in the system.
- Supporting documents have been generated for auditing purposes.