Unit:Sun City Resort
Location:Sun City Resort
Accountable and responsible for leading the convention centre team in the end-to-end planning, management and delivery of banqueting and conferencing events across the resort, including the overall customer experience and relationship management, with the ultimate objective of acquiring and developing the conferencing business for the resort to meet financial and revenue targets; in line with Sun standards and legislative requirements.
- 3-Year Degree in business management/ Hotel School Diploma
- Min 8 years experience in a Convention Centre and Banqueting Management position
- Experience as a Functional Manager in Hotel, in a client relationship management, account management and / or sales an advantage
- Experience in project management and set-up of large scale conferencing and entertainment events
- Experience in managing business partners and contracts management
- Experience in delivering on business sales conversions
Skills and Knowledge
- Affiliation to SAACI and ICCA
- Project management skills
- Networking and relationship building
- Corporate & industry knowledge
- Risk Management
- Leaderships skills
- Analytical skills
- Business acumen
Key Performance Areas:
Delivered Convention Centre Plans & Results
- Partners with GM: Hospitality to build strategies that will engage the Convention Centre teams in delivering leading conferencing facilities and events.
- Provide leadership to the operations teams in areas of events management, banqueting and the convention centre.
- Conduct SWOT and risk analyses in the current business environment on short term profit margins vs. long term sustainability
- Recognize and provide insights on conferencing trends, barriers, risks and opportunities that may impact the business within the convention centre operations
- Elicit new business opportunities and leverage relationships to ensure cost efficiency; increase revenues, competitive edge, business growth, and improved conversion rates
- Report on inventory and events management; post-mortem feedback and progress around the achievement of revenue targets and sales conversions.
Convention Centre Product Management & Innovation
- Monitor convention centre offerings; packages and pricing across the complex.
- Monitor market trends to understand conferencing and brand relevance including product, pricing, and facilities available in the market
- Make recommendations of improvements to conferencing / banqueting facilities and service offerings in line with trends in the industry ensuring that the facility and product offerings across the complex are innovative and fresh
- Conduct product performance analyses / reviews and make recommendations to address opportunities and gaps
Convention Centre Operating Standards & Governance
- Oversee the development and review of Convention Centre and Events Management standard operating procedures and the application against grading standards
- Conduct regular walkabouts of the convention centre (including front of house and back of house areas) to ensure the facilities are aesthetically attractive and secure, and that there is compliance with various standards, regulations and legislation
- Identify and optimize service delivery
- Drive a SHE management culture and ensure all staff are trained.
- Conducts analyses and makes recommendations for optimisation of revenue and control of costs, introducing efficiencies without jeopardising services.
Completes the following monthly reports:
- Proposa/Business Case Report
- Manage positive Employee relations within the convention centre operations (Monthly meetingswith Shop Stewards)
- Drives a performance management culture
- Performance Management and coaching of reporting managers to ensure KPAs are achieved
- Drive the employee value proposition
Customer Experience Management
- Analyse and understand customer preferences and activity of regular and return guests within hotel using Business Intelligence tools.
- Identify key and critical customers within the business operation and maintains positive relationships with all clients, colleagues, gaming and sales networks
- Collaborate with unit EOC to operationalise the Customer experience plan and tools within the operation to build a CVP that is relevant, innovative and fresh.
- Understand customer experiences; trends and leading practice within the industry and applythese principles to convention centre business plans, product offerings and experiences
Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Maintain relationships around staffing requirements, performance and delivery of service providers and business partners
- Communicate hotel business plan, objectives, standards and operating procedures to internal and external service providers as per SLA
- Liaise with Group Sales and Marketing to develop retention and acquisition campaigns