Unit:Sun City Resort
Responsible for the effective day-to-day management of Food & Beverage operations (including restaurants, beverage operations and food and beverage service), with specific regard to:
- achieving profitability in specific outlets
- improving of standards of operation
- maximising customer satisfaction
- facilities and product maintenance and enhancement
- ensuring all F&B operational efforts achieve the F&B strategy and objectives
- 3 Year Hotel School Diploma or equivalent National Qualification at a Diploma level.
- 9-10 years in the food and beverage industry of which at least 5 years are at a management level
- Ability to work shifts that meet operational requirements
- Mobility and ability to move around as per job requirements (including with the use of aids)
Skills and Knowledge
- Food & Beverage Cost and revenue management.
- Food & Beverage Product Knowledge.
- Financial management.
- Team Planning.
- Operational Management.
- Product Analysis & Development.
- Stock control.
- Intermediate Computer Skills.
- Micros / Opera is preferred.
Key Performance Areas:
F&B Strategic Planning
- Understand the Group F&B strategy and align Unit F&B strategy.
- Develop strategic objectives for the Units F&B deliverables.
- Facilitate the project management and achievement of milestones of F&B deliverables.
- Direct F&B product analyses and benchmark with leading F&B trends.
- Identify and investigate new F&B opportunities for the property.
- Direct risk analyses i.t.o impact on short term profit margins vs. long term sustainability.
F&B Revenue Optimisation
- Establish revenue targets per outlet to track performance on a daily basis.
- Develop business action plans and promotions to capitalize on revenue and drive incremental revenues.
- Leverage off suppliers to drive value add promotional activity.
F&B Standards & Governance
- Oversee F&B standards and processes at a unit level.
- Integrates Group standards into Unit Operations.
- Align practices with new legislative compliance around health, hygiene, safety and the environment.
- Implement sufficient control measures (including systems and processes) & checks within each department to mitigate any financial risk to the business.
- All staff in F&B to adhere the policy and procedures.
People Management and Development
- Lead and motivate F&B employees and promote positive working relationships, direction and support.
- Lead and oversee departmental communication ensuring employee and management interaction.
- Measure and develop strategies to enhance employee engagement.
- Identify and manage training, coaching and development requirements in line with strategic plans, e.g. skills shortages, succession plans, talent management.
- Ensure competent levels of staff meet operational level requirements (right fit for the job).
- Source and Select talent as per EE plan to build the future food and beverage talent pipeline.
- Performance Manage and coach reporting managers to ensure KPAs are achieved.
- Manage employee relations within the F&B function (monthly meetings with Union - formalised, minuted, issues addressed).
- Budget forecasts & control.
- Motivate and manage Capex requirements.
Complete Cost of Sales reports including;
- Theoretical COS per outlet for food & beverage respectively.
- Recipes Recipe links needs to be in place to ensure accuracy and legitimacy of theoretical as well as put us in a position for the theoretical to be system generated.
- Food recipe All menu item food recipes to be reviewed and signed off and where needed recaptured into the system MC or IFS to ensure accurate food theoretical.