Responsible for evaluating, preparing page layouts, formatting, customising, PDFing, delivery and back up of custom high-end graphics, bespoke design requests and creative artwork, with the aim of ensuring final material is 100% technically correct and ready for print or publishing, for multiple business unit properties across the Group, in line with Company Corporate Identity standards. Artwork deliverables may include a range of bespoke covers, templates, logos, invites, newsletters, flyers, posters, brochures and art files.
- Bachelors degree / Diploma in graphic design, graphic arts, or graphic communications is preferable.
Presentation of an artistic portfolio
- 3-5 years experience in DTP
- Experience using Creative Suite (including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
Skills and Knowledge
- Deductive reasoning
- Collecting Information
- Developing Stateholder relationships
- Extrem Checking/ Attention to details
- Conflict Handling
- Project Management Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Images and logo - format, size, resolution, colour.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Have knowledge and aptitude to take a creative concept through to finality. (Rolling out a campaign across all collateral).
- Colour - CMYK, RGB, black & white, spot colour, varnish, overprinting, knocking out, press compensation
Key Performance Areas:
- Understand the brief and ensure that all information and files are gathered at hand-over, if not ensure it is obtained from art director and/or production manager.
- Evaluate and prepare project deliverables (on and offline documentations, art files and brochures) for translation following set quality standards.
- Co-ordinate planning to ensure deadlines are met and prioritise workflow.
- Gather existing materials or work with designers and writers to create new artwork or text
- Find and edit graphics, such as photographs or illustrations
- Verify source files and fonts and the conversion of files for print.
- Complete own projects on time and in line with quality standards.
- Be aware and have full understanding of cost implications and sense of responsibility towards the client budget restrictions
- Check that Websend is 100% correct; send file and email proof of delivery to Client Service and Traffic for tracking.
- Quality assure artwork produced against CI standards; as well as check proofs, or preliminary layouts, for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar errors and make necessary corrections.
- Close out any requests and any related admin prior to distribution to the units / relevant stakeholders
- Maintain and follow best practices for versioning control, naming convention and organization of graphic files.
- Think and apply business acumen and sound common sense in the implementation of multiple, at time substantially different procedures, standards and precedents.
- Interprets client issues and resolve directly or escalates to manager as required
- Takes initiative in making decisions which are made within well-defined, somewhat diversified procedures and limits of authority;
- Considers all the facts, options and possible outcomes prior to making decisions;
- Works independently, and is orientated towards solving client queries.
- Takes ownership of client requests and requirements.
- Follows laid-down policies and procedures at all times, operating in line with rules, regulations, system parameters and internal controls
- Provides information and handovers with regards progress, results and service offered on the shift
- Interprets customer requirements in terms of services available and facilitates operational processes
- Refers problems falling outside parameters to the manager for resolution.
- Liaises directly with creative team and Traffic/Production Manager to determine deadlines, job instructions and design requirements to ensure timeous delivery in line with agreed SLA
- Provide daily feedback to the Traffic / Production Manager with regards project tasks status.
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders (including Unit and Group Marketing management) by promptly resolving queries; requests
- Manage relationships with suppliers and agencies through regular engagements to ensure quality service delivery, when required.
- Report and provide feedback to management on progress and challenges