The Copywriter will be responsible for creating and editing meaningful, quality and relevant written content from conceptualisation to publication (pipeline of brainstorming, assignment, production, editing, publication, reporting and analysis) for multi-touch point communications with the aim of driving increased traffic to produce increased sales, share or brand building results.
- 3 Year Bachelors Degree preferably in marketing, communication, English or journalism
- Copywriting certification
- 3-5 years experience working as a copywriter across a range of communication platforms
- A proven track record of success producing digital content
- At least a years experience in the sports betting industry
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to write, proofread and edit accurate, concise and highly readable content.
- Understand brand identity
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to generate creative ideas, coupled with sound editorial judgement.
- MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Exposure / knowledge of the hotel and gaming industry is a strong advantage
- Evaluating & developing content
- Results orientation
- Relationship management
- Innovation & continuous Improvement
- Customer Service orientation
- Analytical thinking & Conceptual ability
- Attention to detail
- Emotional resilience
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to operate on a wide range of topics and projects at one time
Key Performance Areas:
- Collaborate with graphic designers to receive and prioritise briefs and promotional requests from Account Managers, properties and business
- Maintain up to date knowledge of current and future content within and external to the organization
- Understand market segment and customers characteristics and online preferences
- Develop plans for generating meaningful content to drive increased traffic, engagement and brand visibility in line with business requirements.
- Conceptualise and plan for content storylines on various communication channels
- Construct the conceptual plan, concept, storyline and layout for solutions, ensuring content remains fresh and exciting
- Liaise with properties through Account Managers with regard to concepts, ideas, deadlines, and promotional requirements
- Brainstorm, design and deliver content in written form
- Project manage the delivery of content for events, promotions and other communication channels in line with deadlines
- Correspond with stakeholders and clients to obtain feedback and approvals on final content
- Be an ideas bank of new innovation and concepts to be used as a foundation for content for various online channels in line with business requirements
- Participates in content meetings, creative briefings, brainstorm sessions and status meetings.
- Provides updates on all ongoing projects to ensure accuracy and timeous delivery.
- Sources relevant images.
Works with design team to ensure that the copy and design work together seamlessly.
- Produce general copywriting to support designs and marketing content including:
- Promotional content: gaming promotions, events, advert banners, accommodation special offers, experience special offers and wine and dine special offers;
- Promotional copy for Sun International emails;
- Promotional and enticing copy for advertising campaigns
- Write sharp, edgy and enticing dynamic copy for all Sun International campaigns including promotional and enticing copy for advertising campaigns
- Develop, create and deploy content across multi-touch point communications.
Schedules and updates relevant content on various platforms ensuring that content remains innovative and fresh.
- Establish appropriate levels of co-ordination, communication and liaison with stakeholders
- Liaise with the business units and Group marketing on content produced for designed promotional and events content
- Maintain regular communication with the marketing services team and management on project development, timelines, and results
- Collaborate with designers to ensure the integration and synergy of specific content for various projects and design work
- Verify with business management that the content will meet business requirements
Build effective relationships with commercial/brand/technical teams and content designers