Responsible for the effective day-to-day shift management of Food & Beverage operations (including restaurants, beverage operations and / or food and beverage service in the casino operations), with specific regard to achieving profitability for specific outlets; maintaining products and standards of operation; maximising customer satisfaction; delivery of the F&B business objectives, and developing a cross-functional talent pipeline within food & beverage.
- 3 Year Hotel School Diploma or equivalent National Qualification at a Diploma level Planning
- 5-6 years in the food and beverage industry of which at least 2 years experience in a supervisory role within a food and beverage operation.
- Demonstrated Intermediate Computer Literacy Skills
Skills and Knowledge
- Training; coaching; keeping abreast of new developments in field
- Analysing / Diagnosing performance of the outlet /product performance: COS%, Procurement and Efficiencies
- Reviewing - Assessing feasibility; assessing compliance; efficiencies
Key Performance Areas:
- Put in place staff scheduling and duty allocations to ensure maximum coverage
- Handle shift briefings / handovers / shift reports
- Interact and be present on the floor during service to understand and assist clients with requests, special requirements, recommendations, concerns, resolution of complaints, etc.
- Manage staff appearance and floor appearance/ functioning of equipment and systems for the outlet
- Provides feedback and reports back to management on the performance and challenges within the restaurant
- Manage the control of stock and operating equipment as per SOP for the outlet Collaborate with the F&B Manager to complete a competitor analysis of food and beverage in property catchment areas including pricing comparisons
- Conduct product performance analyses / reviews and make recommendations to address opportunities and gaps
- Provide product rationalisation on a regular basis or as required
- Facilitate the communication and implementation of F&B deliverables for the outlet
- Conduct risk analyses i.t.o impact on short term profit margins
- Provide clear delegation of authority and accountability for deliverables
- Manage and allocate people and operational resources
- Communicate plans relative to promotions and strategies to relevant staff and stakeholders within the unit.