Reporting to the Food and Beverage Manager, the successful incumbent will be responsible to assist with the management of the day to day operational requirements of the Camissa Restaurant, union bar and pool facility as well as assisting with the planning, implementing and reviewing of the F & B systems to ensure the prompt, courteous and efficient service, whilst maintaining workplace policies, rules and procedures as per the operational requirements.
- Recognised Hotel School diploma
- At least 2 3 years relevant experience in a supervisory/ management position in a similar role within a five star environment
- Experience in 5* F&B Operational requirements and standards.
- Experience in Staff management and disciplinary procedures and practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Packages and Opera essential
Skills and Knowledge
- Be Guest Centric
- Strong guest relations skills with the ability to deal with guest challenges and queries
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to handle conflict situations
- Strong administration / organisational skills
- Positive and helpful attitude to guests and fellow employees
- Ability to work shifts as per operational requirements
- Knowledge of relevant hygiene, health and safety requirements
Key Performance Areas:
- Assist with the managing of the day to day operational aspect of the restaurant
- Ensure 5 star standards are maintained and consistent
- Assist with the Implementation, compliance and adherence of policies, standard operating procedures & systems and the maintenance thereof;
- Manage all functions related to area of responsibility and ensure the smooth running thereof as required.
- Ensuring the circulation of information to all relevant staff
- Ensure effective communication and feedback
- Assist with staff training as and when required for all F&B Serving staff as well as Supervisors
- Ensure professional conduct of self and subordinate staff whilst on duty and whilst dealing with Guest and Associates in line with company standards;
- Do Food and Wine Recommendations and Pairings as required by guests
- Maintain and improve standards by means of supervision and training. Training is to be structured and recorded.
- Ensure 5 star service is provided to all Guests at all times