Responsible to provide support to the Assistant Accountants in the processing of financial accounting entries and the reconciliation of accounting transactions for units in line with Company standards and regulations.
- Grade 12
- Diploma in Financial Accounting
- Minimum 1 2 years experience in an accounts
- Experience / exposure to the hospitality industry would be an advantage
Skills and Knowledge
- Computer literacy (Office Suite and Stock Management Systems)
Key Performance Areas:
- Process and upload vouchers accurately based on requests from the Assistant Accountants
- Post vouchers to adjust allocations based on feedback from units,
- Post accruals vouchers as identified from Accounts Payable
- Post all inventory transactions into general ledger from the sub-ledger
- Meet the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for this function (eg: clean TBs, vouchers processed, deadlines met, queries resolved etc).
- Reconcile allocated balance sheet accounts and follow up on reconciled items,
- Help Assistant Accountants with clearing outstanding items on reconciliations,
- Support the Assistant Accountant in producing a clear trial balance with accurate accounts and the management accounts.
- Meet the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for this function (eg: reconciliations completed, queries resolved, no long outstanding items, deadlines met, etc).
- Keep management updated with regards progress and where necessary escalate unresolved issues
- Respond to and resolve first level queries with internal and external clients
- Develop and maintain sound working relationships with relevant departments
- Interact with clients and provide professional service standards and solutions
- Keep up to date with trends and services relating to the functions delivery
- Clearance of the Auto Safe Machines
- Daily Cash Recons
- Opera report vs Cash recon
- Daily credits card recon
- Month-end report, F&B reports- Daily Control Report, Banqueting Sundry Report, Tenders, Micros Report
- Concessionaires report