To maintain the overall effectiveness of equipment, plant and infrastructure on site in accordance with industry specifications and company standards.
- NTC 3 or higher (National Technical Certificate)
- Recognized Trade Qualification Electrician
- Wiremans License
- Minimum 3 years electrical experience HV/LV experience
- Computer literacy (MS Office, and BMS system)
Skills and Knowledge
- Fault finding ability
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work alone or in a team
- Integrity and Honesty
- Problem seeking/resolution ability
Work conditions and special requirements
- Able to work shifts and weekends
- May be required to work overtime in line with operational requirements
- Encumbents are expected to access confined spaces and should be able to attend to tasks at abnormal heights as part of their normal duties.
Key Performance Areas:
- Plant and system upgrades are performed in accordance with project plan
- Optimal plant/equipment operation is available for utilisation
- Maintenance conducted in accordance with stipulated plant checks (daily, weekly, monthly,3 monthly, annual)
- Planned maintenance conducted in accordance with operation schedules
- Plant/equipment operational as per manufacturers specifications
- Problems resolved within agreed times (SLA)
- Solutions suit customer requirements
- Resolution is situation specific (relevant to the problem)
- Adherence to standards (SOPs and legislative requirement)
- Compliance to all departmental standards, processes and legislative prescripts
- Record keeping correlates 100% with source information
- Errors have been identified and communicated
- Solutions implemented and no reoccurrences of ongoing errors
- Quality control has been carried out as per quality standards
- Equipment is maintained to required standards and specifications
- Staff are informed of required information to perform operations requirements (team meetings, on the job training etc.)
- Unit delivers quality output (as supervised)
- Informal performance feedback enhances operational efficiency
The appointment of a candidate is at Sun International's sole discretion, taking into account factors which Sun International considers relevant, including but not limited to Sun International's employment equity plan.
Please note that if you have not been contacted within 1 month after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Please note further that by applying for this position, you consent to Sun International "processing" your "personal information" as these concepts are defined in Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 as well as to Sun International conducting various reference checks and/or confirming the accuracy of information provided by you.