As a technical expert, the Web Developer: AEM will be responsible for the development life-cycle process of high-performing, scalable web-based AEM applications, from design and conceptualisation to implementation, testing and support, incorporating software to support business requirements e.g. hospitality and betting products and services such as room bookings, sports betting, etc. The role will also manage projects and address problems on system integration, and compatibility across multiple platforms; in line with Company standards and regulations.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Certification in AEM development
- Minimum 6 years experience with specialised AEM 6.1 and above technical experience
- Experience in developing web applications using web frameworks (such as Agile with SCRUM, Spring MVC, OSGI) with Sling technologies an advantage
- Experience in the Spring framework; as well as test-driven development
Skills and Knowledge
Meets the requirements for a key Gaming Licence
Local travel may be required
Key Performance Areas:
Designed & Delivered AEM Applications & Software
- Collaborate with business operations, to conduct business analyses and scope, track and prioritize individual business requirements
- Act as a technical methodology expert and facilitate integrations between IT and business requirements, translating business requirements to technical requirements and practical solutions
- Conduct investigations, research and analyses on potential technology innovations to build new software and application solutions; including the design of platforms and interfaces
- Extract and determine information management project requirements from the business, as well as anticipate new requirements that will be needed in the future
- Design and develop components and user interfaces and integrate to back-end systems to enable internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout the development life cycle
- Determine design methodologies and tool sets
- Complete programming using languages and software products
- Integrates applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers
- Creates multimedia applications by using authoring tools
- Troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Design and conduct testing on developed applications and software
- Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Keep up to date with innovation in new internet/intranet technologies and software products
Web Solution Management
- Monitor that the functionality and optimal performance of relevant web channels and servers are operating correctly.
- Oversee the installation and updating of software and ensure database back-ups in line with regulatory requirements
- Perform the migration of core technologies and tools to the cloud
- Perform system maintenance by providing system validation procedures, maintenance reports, deactivation plans, and other documents, plans and report; continuously analysing the systems to determine when deactivation or replacement is required
- Manage split testing on various content categories
- Conduct root cause analyses to identify opportunities and gaps in system and resolves technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation.
- Facilitate the building and configuration of web infrastructure
- Enforce web standards and consistencies; ensuring that there are no broken links, missing images, orphaned pages
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems related to web environment to achieve resolution and maintain system performance.
- Review the interfaces tracking dashboards and reports in order to resolve any data issues timeously
Stakeholder Relationship Management