Responsible to supervise staff that provide a frontline customer service experience at the Cash desk areas on the gaming floor (including satellite stations, cash desk, caions and vault) ensuring operational excellence, procedural compliance and guest service satisfaction
- Grade 12 ?
- Minimum of 1 year cash desk / count experience or 1 year in a supervisory position in the cash handling industry ?
- Experience in the gaming industry would be an advantage
Skills and Knowledge
- Planning is generally on a short-term basis (within 3 months) and within regular activity cycles. ?
- Communicates, co-ordinates and interacts with others in the value chain to ensure Cashiering customers receive exceptional experiences ?
- Manages one's time and resources to ensure that objectives are achieved effectively and on time.
- Interprets customer requirements in terms of services available and the applicable constraints ?
- Takes initiative in making decisions which are made within well-defined, somewhat diversified procedures and limits of authority; ?
- Considers all the facts, options and possible outcomes prior to making decisions; ?
- Works independently, and is orientated towards solving customer queries. ?
- Takes ownership of customer requests and requirements. ?
- Follows laid-down policies and procedures at all times, operating in line with rules, regulations, system parameters and internal controls.
- ? Supervises progress, results and service offered on the shift ?
- Interprets customer requirements in terms of services available and facilitates operational processes
Key Performance Areas:
- Check cash desk areas and ensure all equipment for service is functioning and ready for service.
- Communicate and follow-up on the correction of any equipment faults or defects prior to the start of the shift
- Check cleanliness of customer service areas ?
- Conduct daily cash desk reconciliations ?
- complete supporting documents ?
- Review duty checklist, prioritise and action as needed ?
- Maintain cash levels during service to mitigate risk and cater for demand ?
- Report and investigate error tracing or cashier variances with Surveillance ?
- Process unresolved variances ?
- Obtain all requirements for establishing Cheque Cashing Facility Applications ?
- Verify suspicious transactions and report as required ?
- Cash-up and sign off of cashier floats ?
- Assist with complicated and escalated transactions ?
- Secure cash desk, satellite stations and other cashiering areas ?
- Transactional requirements and responsible gambling information are displayed at all customer points as per regulations. ?
- Supervises employees to ensure that staff uniform, hygiene and appearance is maintained ?
- Conduct performance contracting, reviews and development discussions with staff ?
- Identifies performance gaps and conduct coaching and on job training ?
- Identifies and addresses misconduct issues ?
- Keeps records of coaching discussions ?
- Develop, update and communicate departmental procedures and controls to all staff ?
- Monitor service standards and staff: to ensure all guests are treated with courtesy and respect at all times
- Shift handover ensures that staff can provide customers with relevant service
- Interact and be present on the floor during service to understand and assist clients with requests, special requirements, recommendations, concerns, resolution of complaints, etc. ? Report on any issues experienced and solutions executed