Responsible to provide exceptional, personalised customer service to guests on arrival and throughout their stay in the hotel to ensure that their stay is worth remembering
- Matric or equivalent
- A recognised relevant qualification
2 years experience in a customer service environment
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to work shifts that meet operational requirements
- Physically able to move around as per job requirements
- Have an open attitude perform similar functions to those contained in this document , in alternative outlets due to operational requirements
- Pleasant and presentable with excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to handle situations of conflict
- Ability to work under pressure
Key Performance Areas:
Customer Service Preparation
- Identify issues with regards the floor appearance/ functioning of equipment and systems
- Check overall cleanliness of the front of house areas
- Check and restock information brochures
- Review the arrival and VIP lists daily and understands special requirements
- Assist in preparing and distributing welcome / VIP amenities.
- Be familiar with the hotel and resort facilities, promotions and activities
- Greet all guests with a friendly smile, acknowledge on arrival, and departure and treat guests with respect at all times
- Interact with guests and provide professional service
- standards and solutions to questions and enquiries
- Assist in checking in VIP guests
- Escort guests to their rooms and explain hotel facilities
- Attend promptly to customers' inquiries and assist them with their needs.
- Assist with answering the telephone at the concierge desk and porte cochere
- Handle guest complaints, and escalate when required.
- Log the day's activities in a logbook to ensure that the next person on duty is familiar with everything that needs extra attention.
- Be present in the hotel lobby and maintain proper decorum at all times.
- Promotes and upsells the facilities of the hotel and knows the surrounding areas when asked for directions.
- Communicate and update the business unit and relevant departments with regards special requests.
- Build effective internal relationships to ensure synergy of guest experience
- Follow up with internal departments to ensure that guest requests are met on time