Location:Sun City Resort
Responsible for the effective day-to-day shift management of Food & Beverage operations (including restaurants, beverage operations and / or food and beverage service in the unit operations), with specific regard to achieving profitability for specific outlets; maintaining products and standards of operation; maximising customer satisfaction; delivery of the F&B business objectives, and developing a cross-functional talent pipeline within food & beverage.
- Matric/ grade 12
- 3 Year Hotel School Diploma or equivalent National Qualification at a Diploma level
- 5-6 years in the food and beverage industry of which at least 2 years experience in a supervisory role within the food and beverage environment
Skills and Knowledge
- In depth knowledge of Food and Beverage products, suppliers, and customer trends
- Thorough knowledge of customer service principles and skilled in developing and maintaining customer relationships
- Ability to apply appropriate interpersonal styles within a team to provide leadership
Key Performance Areas:
Delivered F&B Plan Implementation
- Develop outlet objectives and deliverables in line with Unit F&B strategy
- Facilitate the communication and implementation of F&B deliverables for the outlet
- Conduct risk analyses into impact on short term profit margins
- Communicate plans relative to promotions and strategies to relevant staff and stakeholders within the unit
- Interact and be present on the floor during service to understand and assist clients with requests, special requirements, recommendations, concerns, resolution of complaints, etc.
- Manage staff appearance and floor appearance/ functioning of equipment and systems for the various outlets
- Provides feedback and reports back to management on the performance and challenges within the F&B outlets
- Manage the control of stock and operating equipment as per SOP
- Cash-ups at the end of the shift
- Collaborate with the F&B Manager to complete a competitor analysis of food and beverage in property catchment areas including pricing comparisons
- Conduct product performance analyses / reviews and make recommendations to address opportunities and gaps
- Provide product rationalisation on a regular basis or as required
- Motivate new product enhancements
- Compile action plans for the implementation of approved projects
- Measure ROI and performance on a regular basis
F&B Standards & Governance
- Monitor F&B standards and processes
- Align practices with new legislative compliance around health, hygiene, safety and the environment
- Implement sufficient control measures (including systems and processes) & checks within each outlet to mitigate any financial risk to the business. All staff in F&B to adhere the policy and procedures.
- Conduct weekly walkabouts of all F&B front of house and back of house areas to monitor compliance
- Encourage a waste management culture and ensure all staff are trained.
- Work with internal stakeholders (maintenance, finance, HR, and security) to identify risk areas
- Manage staff conditions of employment, e.g. attendance, absenteeism, leave, adherence to policies and procedures
- Manage productivities and payroll costs for the outlet
- Identification of employee training needs
- Perform on the job training and coaching to close developmental gaps and build succession for a talent pipeline within the outlet
- Manage employee relations within the department
- Staff communication and motivation
- Performance contracting, reviews and development
- Provides resources and removes obstacles to performance
- Recruit and resource for talent for positions within the department
- On boarding of new staff members
F&B Cost Controls
- Participate in the preparation of budget forecasts & controls for the outlet
- Consolidate Capex requirements for specific outlets
- Guide and consolidate the completion of Cost of Sales reports including:
- Theoretical COS per outlet for food & beverage respectively.
- Recipes Recipe links needs to be in place to ensure accuracy and legitimacy of theoretical as well as put us in a position for the theoretical to be system generated.
- Food recipe All menu item food recipes to be reviewed and signed off and where needed recaptured into the system MC or IFS to ensure accurate food theoretical.
- Procurement All supplier prices and supplier price quotes to be reviewed and monitored on a monthly basis going forward to ensure we monitor and track price movements to minimize input cost fluctuations.
- Cost control oversee the conducting of accurate stock takes in line with Company process. Use stock takes variance reports to manage underperforming outlets in relation to COS
Customer Relationship Management
- Ensures that guests are treated with courtesy and respect at all times
- Interact with guests and provide professional service standards and solutions
- Handle any escalated complaints, disputes and suggestions as required
- Engage with customers and provide a customer experience within the outlet / on the floor that will support brand loyalty ensuring SI as the brand of choice
- Be present on the floor during service / promotions or functions
- Conduct staff training on product knowledge / promotions (including promotion information, functions, facilities, etc)
- Provide post-mortem feedback with regards promotions to ensure these are always relevant and effective
- Shift handover ensures that staff have sufficient insights and information with regards VIP customers visiting the property