The Surveillance Shift Manager manages the day to day delivery of the surveillance operation and team with the objective of ensure gaming and procedural compliance and protection of Company assets, staff and guests.
- Matric / Grade 12 (or equivalent)
- Supervisory Certification or NQF 4 equivalent qualification is preferred
- Minimum of 3 years experience in surveillance, preferably obtained in the casino industry
- Meet the criteria for a Key Gaming Licence and FICA
- PSIRA B grade accreditation
- Ability to work shifts that meet operational requirements
- Visual acuity and the ability to perform tasks that track and review visual information
- No criminal record
Skills and Knowledge
- Manage and participate in the day to day operation in the Camera Room.
- Conducts rostering and duty allocations
- Handles Shift briefings / handovers / shift reports / disputes
- Manages surveillance room; equipment and systems and contacts technicians for necessary external equipment repair and maintenance.
- Manages stock (e.g. numbered stationery, etc)
- Troubleshoots any queries / problems received by the department
Key Performance Areas:
- Reports unit operational anomalies to relevant departments for correcting
- Conducts quality assurance on all reports, EOB entries and registers
- Verifies all disputes and incidents before providing feedback to relevant stakeholders
- Regular tracking of players, high rollers, and results and corresponding allocation of duties to surveillance officers
- Follows up and consolidates investigation reports
- Authorises spend in line with budget
Surveillance Standards & Governance:
- Pace of game: Spins and hands dealt per hour meet operational standards
- Develops and updates surveillance monitoring standards
- Communicates standards to all relevant parties
- Monitor surveillance practices and align with new legislative compliance
- Implement sufficient control measures (including systems and processes) & checks to mitigate any risk to the business.
- Conduct regular checks and departmental walkabouts to monitor compliance standards
- Work with internal stakeholders (gaming management, finance, HR, and security) to identify risk areas and address these
- Coach and upskill staff to understand and execute practices in line with regulations.
- Staff uniform, hygiene and appearance is maintained as per SOP
- Reports all incidents and significant events to the relevant Stakeholders.
- Reports on relevant investigations and high priority shift report.
- Prioritises reports according to the severity of the incident
- Captures relevant data on the EOB
- Follows up to ensure action taken on audits
- Updates Intelligence files with relevant information
- People Supervision and
People Supervision & Development:
- Manage staff conditions of employment, e.g. attendance, absenteeism, leave, adherence to policies and procedures
- Manage productivities and payroll costs for the department
- Identification of employee training needs
- Perform on the job training and coaching to close developmental gaps and build succession for a talent pipeline within the outlet
- Manage employee relations and disciplinary action within the department
- Ensure staff communication and motivation
- Performance contracting, reviews and development
- Provides resources and removes obstacles to performance
- On boarding of new staff members
- Short term planning involves conducting the planning of activities to meet and optimise the customer experience
- Organise, plan and prioritise tasks to ensure that work gets done profitably and efficiently;
- Effective scheduling to ensure that team is adequately resourced to achieve targets/meet job requirements.
- Apply business acumen and sound common sense to the overall operational management of shift and team;
- Monitor changes in the professional environment and is quick to act upon potential opportunities to optimise or improve processes;
- Consider all the facts, options and possible outcomes prior to making decisions;
- Analyse and diagnose performance issues in order to maximise or leverage the strengths of the team in a competitive environment;
- Able to makes sound decisions within procedural parameters, and provide appropriate motivations where necessary.