Location:Sun City Resort - Rustenburg
The F&B Floor Manager will be responsible for the effective day-to-day shift management of Food & Beverage operations (including restaurants, beverage operations and / or food and beverage service in the casino operations), with specific regard to achieving profitability for specific outlets; maintaining products and standards of operation; maximising customer satisfaction; delivery of the F&B business objectives, and developing a cross-functional talent pipeline within food & beverage.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- 3 Year Hotel School Diploma or equivalent Qualification
- Previous experience in a customer facing role
- 5 6 years in the food and beverage industry of which at least 2 years experience in a supervisory role within the food & beverage environment
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to work shifts that meet operational requirements
- Ability to motivate others
- Training, coaching, keeping abreast of new development in field
- Reviewing Assessing feasibility; assessing compliance; efficiencies
- Food and Beverage costing
- Food & Beverage Product Knowledge
- Specialty beverage knowledge wine, barrister
- Team Planning
- Operational Management
- Product Development
- Stock control
- Intermediate Computer Skills
- Micros / Opera is preferred
Key Performance Areas:
Delivered F&B Plan Implementation:
- Develop outlet objectives and deliverables in line with Unit F&B strategy;
- Facilitate the communication and implementation of F&B deliverables for the outlet;
- Conduct risk analyses i.t.o impact on short term profit margins.
- Put in place staff scheduling and duty allocations to ensure maximum coverage;
- Interact and be present on the floor during service to understand and assist clients with requests, special requirements, recommendations, concerns, resolution of complaints, etc;
- Manage staff appearance and floor appearance/ functioning of equipment and systems for the outlet.
- Collaborate with the F&B Manager to complete a competitor analysis of food and beverage in property catchment areas including pricing comparisons;
- Conduct product performance analyses / reviews and make recommendations to address opportunities and gaps;
- Provide product rationalisation on a regular basis or as required.
F&B Standards & Governance:
- Align practices with new legislative compliance around health, hygiene, safety and the environment.
People Management and Management:
- Manage staff conditions of employment, e.g. attendance, absenteeism, leave, adherence to policies and procedures;
- Manage productivities and payroll costs for the outlet;
- Identification of employee training needs.