Reporting to the Food & Beverage Manager, the incumbent will:
Manages the day to day delivery of the Food and Beverage service on the casino floor and the management of the team with the objectives of:
- Achieving profitability including maximising operational efficiencies and productivities for the outlets
- Maintaining standards of Food and Beverage operations across the casino floor
- Maximising customer satisfaction on the casino floor
- Maintaining the Food and Beverage products and ambience on the casino floor
- Controlling operating equipment and stock
- Controlling spend
- Achieving governance across the Food and Beverage outlets in line with all operational (OHS; environmental management) and labour legislation requirements
- Grade 12
- 3 year Hotel School Diploma or equivalent National Qualification at a Diploma level
- 5-6 years in the Food and Beverage industry of which at least 2 years experience in a Supervisory role within the Food and Beverage environment
- Food and Beverage experience in a Casino environment would be an advantage
Skills and Knowledge
- Food & Beverage Costing
- Food & Beverage Product Knowledge
- Speciality Beverage Knowledge Wine, Barrister
- Team Planning
- Operational Management
- Product Development
- Stock Control
- Intermediate Computer Skills
- Micros / Opera is preferred
- Front of house management experience.
- Drivers licence is a must
- Developing & Motivating others / Gaining co-operation
- Training; Coaching; Keeping abreast of new developments in field
- Analysing / Diagnosing performance of the outlet / Product performance
- Reviewing Assessing feasibility / Assessing compliance/ Efficiencies
- Problem Solving
- Change Orientation
- Generating Solutions
- Customer service orientation
- Stakeholder Relationship Management
Key Performance Areas:
This position involves the following duties and responsibilities:
- Achieving profitability including maximizing operational efficiencies and productivities for the outlets
- Maintaining standards of food and beverage operations across the outlets
- Maximizing customer satisfaction across the outlets
- Maintaining the food and beverage products and ambience across the outlets
- Controlling operating equipment, stock and spend.
- Achieving governance across the food and beverage outlets in line with all operational (environmental management) and labour legislation requirements.
- Develop outlet objectives and deliverables in line with Unit F&B strategy.
- Put in place staff scheduling and duty allocations to ensure maximum coverage.
People Management and Development:
- Manage staff conditions of employment, e.g. attendance, absenteeism, leave, adherence to policies and procedures.
- Manage employee relations within the department.
- Staff communication and motivation.
- Prepare and control budgets assigned to the Operations department.
Customer Relationship Management:
Monitor service standards and staff: guest interaction on the floor to ensure all guests are treated with courtesy and respect at all times.
Working conditions and special requirements:
- Ability to work shifts that meet operational requirements
- Mobility and ability to move around as per job requirements (including with the use of aids)
- Physically be able to move operating equipment
- Ability to make use of intermediate computer skills in line with job requirements
- Have an open attitude to perform similar functions in alternative outlets due to operational requirements