Responsible for performing multiple first line repairs and maintenance tasks throughout the day, which could include, but is not limited to: carpentry work; electrical; plumbing; painting; HVAC; flooring; and general facility repairs.
- Grade 12 or equivalent National Technical Certificate
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a general maintenance repairs.
Skills and Knowledge
Work conditions and special requirements
- Ability to work shifts that meet operational requirements
- Physical ability to lift and control relevant machinery, and equipment and mobility to move around as per job requirements
- Manual dexterity, overall coordination and good balance are required.
- Ability to stand, walk, and move rapidly for an eight (8) hour work shift. Ability to bend, stoop, twist and turn, climb stairs and on trucks. Ability to perform repetitious arm and wrist movements.
Key Performance Areas:
General, Equipment, Infrastructure and System Maintenance
- Check in with services office for scheduled jobs after the completion of each job and at the end of each work day.
- Responsible for time management of jobs scheduled each day.
- Prepare necessary tools and PPE for the day ahead.
- Respond to requests relating to various equipment and systems installations, repairs and upgrades in line with scheduled repairs and preventative maintenance plans.
- Conduct investigations and diagnose system or equipment faults.
- Troubleshoot and complete routine and light repairs in line with identified faults.
- Inspect and audit supplies, machinery and systems and address any risk areas
- Assist tradespeople with electrical, plumbing or HVAC repairs
- Complete minor electrical repairs and maintenance: light bulbs, wiring, circuit breakers, fuses
- Perform general carpentry construction and installation repairs: woodwork, sanding, painting, build cabinets, etc.
- Perform general plumbing activities: Toilets, faucets, fix leaks, etc.
- Conduct facility and infrastructure repairs: doors, doorknobs, locks, broken tiles, polish floors, staining, pressure washing, roofing and windows
- Conduct check-ups on systems and perform any preventative maintenance, escalating the need for any major repairs
- Adjust system settings and conduct performance tests using specialized tools.
- Keep management up to date and feedback on status and challenges with regards repairs and installations.
- Store and secure parts and tools needed in line with regulations and SOPs
- Inspect and test different systems to ensure compliance with safety regulations
- Store maintenance assets; technical stock and parts in line with regulations
- Maintain Personal Protective Equipment in line with specifications and regulations
- Keep up to date with latest safety, health and environmental regulations and update skills in line with updated equipment and systems; as well as regulations around HVAC requirements
- Keep up to date with policies and procedures for installing, maintaining and repairing HVAC equipment or machinery; as well as revised testing or installation procedures, and align practices.
The appointment of a candidate is at Sun International's sole discretion, taking into account factors which Sun International considers relevant, including but not limited to Sun International's employment equity plan.
Please note that if you have not been contacted within 1 month after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Please note further that by applying for this position, you consent to Sun International "processing" your "personal information" as these concepts are defined in Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 as well as to Sun International conducting various reference checks and/or confirming the accuracy of information provided by you.