The She Officer will be accountable for the execution of the SHE framework for the business unit including the implementation of policies, procedures, incidents and projects and the collection and analysis of data for reporting purposes with the aim of achieving SHE targets, mitigating regulatory risk, improving SHE performance, and maintaining a business environment that promotes occupational health, safety and environmental sustainability, in line with legislation and Group standards.
- Matric or equivalent
- 3-Year Diploma B Degree in Occupational Health & Safety or Environmental management (Advantage)
- Certificate in Environmental Management( ISO 14001/IEMA)
- Certificate in Health and Safety Management(ISO18001)
- 3 Years experience in occupational health and safety and /or environmental management
- Exposure to the gaming and hospitality industry SHE requirements is an advantage.
Work conditions and special requirements
- Able to work shifts in line with operational requirements
- Physically able and mobile to perform duties.
Skills and Knowledge
- Working knowledge and application of Occupational Health & Safety; and Environmental management legislation and regulations
- Investigation Skills
- Incident reporting
- Impact & risk assessments
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Report writing
- ISO system
- NOSA system
- Proficiency in MS OfficeProject management skills
- Analytical skills
- Planning & co-ordinating of multiple initiatives
- Checking / attention to detail
- Team Co-operation
- Written communication
- Clerical / Admin
- Problem- Solving
- Handling Information
- Developing stakeholder relationships
- Service Orientation
- Emotional resilience
Key Performance Areas:
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Compile control standards, checklists and tools to be used by the business on SHE requirements (against regulations) to ensure compliance with relevant legislation
- Collaborate with business areas to identify SHE impacts and risks that exist within operational areas to identify and evaluate adverse or hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace
- Conduct and coordinate on-site inspections and checks of various operational areas within the unit to audit physical conditions and safe work practices in line with regulatory requirements
- Maintain SHE legislative registers in line with regulatory requirements
- Co-ordinate regular internal and external audits against standards and ensure relevant preparation is complete
- Complete relevant administration and documentation and update physical and electronic records in line with requirements of ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Organize formation and educate SHE teams on requirements and regulations
- Complete reports / minutes/ presentations / departmental documents from SHE Committee meetings
- Follow-up and measure the implementation of recommendations and remedial action
- Investigate and report on accidents and incidents that have occurred in business operational areas.
- Facilitate the compilation of documentation and report on SHE incidents and accidents in business operational areas.
- Communicate incidents and accidents to necessary internal stakeholders via Non Conformance system
- Follow-up and close out incidents and non-conformance reports
- Update the SHE management system
SHE Project / Initiative co - ordination
- Co-ordinate schedules and action plans for SHE projects and initiatives to improve and maintain standards
- Communicate objectives, initiatives and plans to business operations for implementation, providing the necessary ideas, tools and support for implementation
- Facilitate the preparation and logistics of projects or initiatives to be implemented
- Participate in the execution of projects and initiatives and be present during implementation
- Monitor and implement SHE awareness programmes, and implement any remedial actions to improve these programmes
- Record all information, related documentation and spend with regards to the initiatives and file according to standards
- Report on progress, successes and challenges where relevant
- Provide input into SHE budgets for projects and achievement of annual objectives
SHE monitoring and reporting
- Compile reports on SHE initiatives, incidents and statistics for the business unit.
- Analyse and review statistics relating to absenteeism, occupational health risks and injury reports
- Collect, analyse and capture SHE data required for reporting purposes
Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Maintain regular communication (e.g. communicates product performance) with business areas and SHE Committees within the business operations to gather relevant data and information
- SHE objectives, standards, procedures and initiatives are communicated to internal stakeholders
- Feedback any issues of non-conformance to management
- Be the contact for SHE auditors for SHE audits within specific business operations
- Compile reports, minutes, presentations and documents required for SHE Committee meetings and for auditing purposes
- Recommend and implement preventative actions to minimise risk into the future
- Identify and escalate non-conformance as per Act, Regulations and company
The appointment of a candidate is at Sun International's sole discretion, taking into account factors which Sun International considers relevant, including but not limited to Sun International's employment equity plan.
Please note that if you have not been contacted within 1 month after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Please note further that by applying for this position, you consent to Sun International "processing" your "personal information" as these concepts are defined in Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 as well as to Sun International conducting various reference checks and/or confirming the accuracy of information provided by you.