The Tables Learner Dealer facilitates the playing of the Tables games, to provide exceptional gaming service on the floor in accordance with company standards and ICS.
- Matric / Grade 12 (or equivalent).
Customer Service experience advantageous
Skills and Knowledge
- Successful Gaming (Key) Licence application.
- Successful completion of Learnership in National Certificate in Gaming Operations requirements.
- Willing to commit to and undergo a 12 month Learnership inclusive of theoretical and practical components.
- Successful completion of practical Dealing School requirements including ability to deal roulette and blackjack.
- Ability to work shifts that meet operational requirements.
- Mobility and ability to move around as per job requirements (ability to stand while working for long periods of time).
- Vision, hearing, speaking and literacy.
- Full visual acuity (ability to discern colours).
- Manual Dexterity (ability to handle chips and cards with both hands).
- Ability to mentally calculate large numbers.
- Ability to use basic computer application skills in the context of their own job.
- Managing risk.
- Customer service orientation.
- Emotional resilience.
- Attention to detail/Quality orientation.
- Willing to work in a smoking environment.
- Produce an original certified copy of ID and Matric certificate upon request.
Key Performance Areas:
- ICS, SOP and checklist adhered to at all times.
- Pace of game: Spins and hands dealt per hour meet operational standards.
- Financial transactions / payouts are accurate and timeous.
- Dealing cycle as per game type.
- Float meets the requirements of player action.
- All equipment is functioning prior to start of shift.
- Complaint, disputes and suggestions are actioned / escalated as per SOP.
- Staff are able to pass on all relevant information (including promotion information, functions, facilities, etc.) to guests.
- Staff uniform, hygiene and appearance is maintained as per SOP.
- Guests treated in line with individual needs.