Unit:Sun City Resort
- Responsible and accountable to supervise the Accounts Payable (AP) team to ensure the accurate and timeous scanning, processing, payment and reconciling of invoices through IFS, in line with the terms and conditions of the Company, in alignment with regulations, legislation and standards
- 2-Year Diploma in Accounting / Finance or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years experience as an Accounts Payable Manager
Skills and Knowledge
- Problem Solving
- Plan,Organise & Control
- Decision Making
- Peolpe Supervision
- English Written And Verbal communication skills
- Numerical skills (calculations
- AP transactions Process
- Finance administration
- Proficient computer Skill (MS Office, IFS AP module)
- Knowledge of international payment including forward cover
- Process improvement
Key Performance Areas:
Delivered AP Planning & Results
- AP Planning and Results
- Review and obtain feedback for orders raised after invoices received (IFS report) with the objective of full compliance to company policy in this regard
- Develop departmental objectives and deliverables in line with departmental objectives
- Facilitate the communication and implementation of deliverables for the department
- Provide clear delegation of authority and accountability for deliverables
- Manage and allocate people and operational resources
- Manage the planning, scanning, processing and payment of invoices and intercompany payments
- Manage month-end accruals (including review of the received not invoiced account in IFS), reconciliations and approve payments posted in IFS
- Interact with staff in the various areas of the AP process, and understand and assist clients / suppliers with requests, special requirements, recommendations, concerns, resolution of complaints, etc.
- Follow up on all worklists to ensure jobs are being processed in line with SLAs, troubleshooting and facilitating the resolution of any challenges.
- Manage the functioning of equipment and systems, escalating any issues
- Provides feedback and reports back to management on the performance and challenges with regards the payment process and systems
- Complete reconciliation of the AP sub-ledger to the general ledger each month
- Review in detail the creditors age analysis and follow-up any discrepancies.
- Align plans with EE, SD and procurement transformation strategies which contribute towards BBBEE targets being achieved for the SSC
AP Governance & Standards
- Monitor AP standards and processes and continually focus on process improvement.
- Align practices with new financial legislative compliance and regulations
- Implement sufficient control measures (including systems and processes) & checks against step in the process to mitigate any financial risk to the business.
- Be available and conduct adhoc checks and audits of the process
- Monitor and audit that all back-up information and documentation is stored and updated accurately and is accessible
- Manage staff conditions of employment, e.g. attendance, absenteeism, leave, adherence to policies and procedures
- Manage productivities and payroll costs for the department
- Identification of employee training needs
- Perform on the job training and coaching to close developmental gaps and build succession for a talent pipeline within the outlet
- Manage employee relations within the department
- Staff communication and motivation
- Performance contracting, reviews and development
- Provides resources and removes obstacles to performance
- Recruit and resource for talent for positions within the department
- Onboarding of new staff members
Managed Client Services
- Be available to deal with escalated issues, complaints, disputes
- Collaborate with units to implement the processes and tools within the operation to build a client experience that is streamlined and professional.
- Oversee the execution and delivery of the client and customer experience from the function.
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are developed for each role in the department, measured, reported and remedial action taken where required
- Requires specialised knowledge of techniques, equipment and processes relating to AP practices, services and suppliers
- Short term planning (within 3 months) involves conducting the planning of activities to meet and optimise processes and in line with the supplier value chain;
- Organise, plan and prioritise tasks for self and team to ensure that work gets done effectively and efficiently;
- Effective scheduling to ensure that team is adequately resourced to achieve targets/meet job requirements.
- Interact with clients, suppliers and team - influencing, motivating and encouraging specific behaviour