Location:Sun City Resort
The Operations Duty Manager is responsible for monitoring, management and delivery of the customer experience and product offerings by internal employees, business partners and concessionaires across the business unit operation, ensuring that internal (SOP) and external (Grading) standards and procedures are continously achieved, client disputes / queries are resolved and that the customer experience provided within the designated areas / departments are professionally executed in line with Sun standards and legislative requirements.
3 Year Hotel Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with 3 years management experience in the hospitality / retail industry.
- Previous experience in duty management is an advantage
Skills and Knowledge
Must be able to work shifts in line with operational requirements (including weekends and public holidays)
Key Performance Areas:
- Monitor the operation to ensure that it is secure and meets all regulatory requirements
- Conduct shift briefings and handovers and communicate objectives and promotions to the diverse teams and key stakeholders to ensure optimal execution and synergy throughout the experience
- Collaborate with marketing to develop and execute promotions and initiatives to enhance the customer experience
- Compile plans and manage the execution of any new projects and offerings across the operation
- Facilitate and be available to ensure the overall smooth running of events, shows, entertainment, promotions, etc. including traffic control, set-ups, troubleshooting in various areas.
- Be available on the floor and interact with customers to build relationships, understand expectations and provide a hospitable experience for customers
- Oversees staff appearance and front of house appearance/ functioning of equipment and systems
- Maintain Operational standards across the property (e.g. housekeeping, maintenance, etc)
- Follows up on any maintenance / technical equipment fault logging with the Technical departments until resolution
- Ensure the collateral in public areas is professionally presented
- Act as a Manager on Duty for all guest queries / concerns and resolve these efficiently and professionally
Operational Product Offering
- Recognize and provide insights on trends, barriers, risks and opportunities that may impact the business within the retail environment and service level agreements with service providers
- Monitor products, service offerings and displays across the operation to ensure standards aligned with the Sun brand
- Monitor customer service feedback with regards quality and service across the operation
- Collaborate with tenants and service providers to review standard operating procedures and service level agreements to be achieved
- Implement sufficient control measures (including systems and processes) & checks within each department to mitigate any risk to the business.
- Conduct weekly walkabouts of all front of house and back of house areas to monitor SHE and standards compliance
- Monitor compliance of tenants and outlets with regards to Fire, Health, Safety and Security regulations in line with SHE standards
Customer Experience Management
- Interact with guests and provide professional service standards and solutions
- Handle any escalated complaints, disputes and suggestions as required
- Engage with customers and provide a customer experience on the floor that will support brand loyalty ensuring SI as the brand of choice
- Be present on the floor during service / promotions or functions
- Conduct staff training on product knowledge (including promotion information, functions, facilities, etc)
Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Provides relevant guidance and support to operational teams and stakeholders
- Maintain relationships with service providers and retail tenants currently in partnership with Sun
- Informs department / staff of information required to perform the duties and relevant operation effectively
- Communicates departments objectives, standards and operating procedures to internal and external service providers as per SLA
- Requires specialised knowledge of techniques, equipment and processes relating to hospitality operational practices, products and customers
- Short term planning involves conducting the planning of activities to meet and optimise new business targets and growth in customer spending by working with others in the customer value chain;
- Organise, plan and prioritise tasks for self and team to ensure that work gets done profitably and efficiently;
- Effective scheduling to ensure that team is adequately resourced to achieve targets/meet job requirements.
- Interact with customers and operational teams - influencing, motivating and encouraging specific behaviour
- Apply business acumen and sound common sense to the overall management of operations and teams within defined standards;
- Monitor changes in the outlet and is quick to act upon potential opportunities, risks and challenges;
- Consider all the facts, options and possible outcomes prior to making decisions;
- Analyse and diagnose product performance issues in order to maximise or leverage the strengths of the team in a competitive environment;
- Deal with diverse problems in own area, using judgment and discretion to resolve them;
- Provide information and make recommendations regarding products and services that will meet customer needs;
- Suggest initiatives to increase penetration of customer base;
- Solve a wide range of queries related to customer service, dealing with these sensitively and within operational/procedural limitations;
- Solutions should be profitable and ensure the correct customer behaviour in terms of product usage;
- Optimise and streamline existing systems and processes to support the business strategy in terms of cost efficiency, managing risks and improving the service offering;
- There are guidelines/ policies and procedures in place to be followed, but the incumbent needs constantly consider ways of improving productivity and profitability.