To provide administrative and general support to the department to ensure the seamless implementation and consistent delivery of services provided by the department to all clients and stakeholders.
- Grade 12
- Secretarial Diploma is an advantage
- A minimum of 2 years administrative / secretarial functions
Skills and Knowledge
- Office Administrative Support
- Meeting Co-ordination
Key Performance Areas:
Office Administrative Support
- Provide administrative support in the IT office (including responding to e-mails, mail and telephone)
- Allocate and reconcile supplier invoices correctly and resolve all queries
- Submit expense claims to the finance department as per company policy and procedures.
- Monitor staff leave as per department norms and company policy.
- Capturing of staff rostering into the system and distribution and communication of rostering schedules
- Order stationery, paper and other consumables (as per company procedures), ensuring availability on demand.
- Develop a filing system (including records and reports) that enables others in the department to be able to access required documents
- Store confidential documents for safe keeping
- Troubleshoot and resolve first line queries and issues with guests and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate the flow of paper and electronic documents to the appropriate parties
- Complete reports / minutes/ presentations / departmental documents and distribute to relevant parties
- Follow through on outstanding issues and action lists from minutes
- Liaise with travel service providers to co-ordinate travel, car and accommodation arrangements
- Send out meeting invitations in advance (within reasonable time period to accommodate delegates).
- Complete and distribute agenda and minutes timeously
- Book meeting venues according to meeting requirements number of people, equipment, times, access to floor, accessibility, refreshments, and time frames.
- Co-ordinate required equipment and ensure all in working order e.g. Air Conditioning, Laptop, Proxima etc.
- Arrange catering in line with RSVPs and dietary requirements of the attendees.
- Specialised knowledge is required for the application of practical methods and techniques
- Work is performed in line with defined procedures and processes and proficiency in the specialised use of administration materials, equipment and tools
- Planning is short-term within a 3-month period and within regular activity cycles
- Communicates, co-ordinates and interacts with others in the value chain to ensure seamless client experiences
- Interprets customer requirements in terms of services available and the applicable constraints
- Takes initiative in making decisions which are made within well-defined, somewhat diversified procedures and limits of authority;
- Considers all the facts, options and possible outcomes prior to making decisions;
- Works independently, and is orientated towards solving customer queries.
- Takes ownership of departmental requests and requirements.
- Follows laid-down policies and procedures at all times, operating in line with rules, regulations, system parameters and internal controls.
- Interprets customer / client requirements in terms of services available and facilitates operational processes
- Refers problems falling outside parameters to the manager for resolution