Unit:The Maslow Hotel
The receptionist is responsible for being the point of contact for guests, facilitating the check-in and check-out processes of the hotel, upselling of rooms and providing exceptional, personalised customer service to guests throughout their stay in the hotel to ensure that their stay is worth remembering.
2 years experience in a customer service environment, preferably in a hotel environment
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to work shifts that meet operational requirements
- Physically able to move around, and stand for extended periods of time
- Have an open attitude perform similar functions to those contained in this document, in alternative outlets due to operational requirements
- Knowledge of an additional language (relevant to market) is an advantage
Key Performance Areas:
- Acknowledge and greet all guests with a friendly smile and treat guests with respect at all times
- Interact with guests and complete procedures on guests check-in and check-out of the hotel; including cutting of keys; preparing bills and taking payments, etc.
- Take and pass on messages to guests
- Deal with special requests from guests (like booking theatre tickets or storing valuable items)
- Report issues of housekeeping, maintenance and malfunctioning appliances to the relevant department for quick repair in order to ensure guests comfort and satisfaction.
- Administer own float and conduct cash-ups at the end of the shift.
- Review the arrival and VIP lists daily and understands special requirements
- Assist in preparing and distributing welcome / VIP amenities.
- Be familiar with the hotel and resort facilities, promotions and activities