Unit:Carousel Casino and Entertainment World
Responsible to attend to children visiting the child care facility and providing a facility that is safe, clean, entertaining and child friendly
- Grade 12
- Certificate in child care or teaching is an advantage
- 2 years experience in minding children
- Ability to work shifts that meet operational requirements
- Physically able to move around as per job requirements
- Have an open attitude to perform similar functions to those contained in this document in line with operational requirements
Skills and Knowledge
Minding Services Child
- Attend to and care for the well-being of children dropped off at the creche
- Compile, update and change the kiddies entertainment programme for children visiting the facility
- Plan a suitable variety of activities for children in the crÃ¨che according to their ages and abilities.
- Co-ordinate requirements for the various play and creative activities, including liaising with sponsors to support activities and prizes.
- Entertain the children or facilitate activities
- Monitor free-play activities to ensure the overall safety and well being of the children.
- Provide a caring, stimulating environment for the children.
- Keep parents up to date on their childs progress, should there be a need.
- Facilitate and record any necessary paperwork and permissions in line with procedures
Maintained Child Care Facility
- Be aware of standard operating procedures for the facility
- Implement sufficient control measures & checks to mitigate any risk
- Conduct walkabouts of the facility areas to monitor SHE and standards compliance
- Monitor the storage of stock and operating equipment and processes
- Collaborate with various stakeholders across the operation to address and resolve areas of concern and enhance standards from an overall facilities management and customer experience perspective
- Monitor and maintain a high standard of hygiene on the premises, and address where required.
- Prepare play rooms and set out in readiness each day for opening
- Develop and maintain levels of competence to deliver first aid or facilitate any emergency activities
- Comply with all Health and Safety Policies and Legislation when performing duties and responsibilities.
Key Performance Areas:
- Planning is generally on a daily to weekly basis within regular activity cycles.
- Work within set policy, procedures, system parameters and internal controls
- Manages one's time and resources to ensure that objectives are achieved effectively and on time
- Interprets customer requirements in terms of services available and the applicable constraints
- Takes initiative in making decisions which are made within limits of authority;
- Considers all the facts, options and possible outcomes prior to making decisions;
- Works independently, and is orientated towards solving customer queries