The incumbent will be responsible and accountable for the entire Food & Beverage operations for the business unit (including restaurants, beverage operations, and banqueting operations, as well as cullinary), with specific regard to:
- achieving overall functional profitability
- maintaining standards of both front of house and back of house F&B operations aligned to leading practice in the industry
- maximising customer service and the F&B experience to attract customers and increase footfall to the property
- product enhancement and development
- ensuring all F&B operational efforts achieve the units strategies and objectives
- Matric / Grade 12
- 3 year Diploma in Hospitality / F&B Management or equivalent
- 9-10 years in the food and beverage industry of which at least 5 years are at a management level
- Demonstrated use of intermediate computer skills
Skills and Knowledge
- F&B financial Acumen
- Product Development
- Team Planning
- F&B Operations Management
- Ability to work shifts that meet operational requirements
- Mobility and ability to move around as per job requirements (including with the use of aids)
Key Performance Areas:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Food & Beverage Strategy Planning
- Understand the Group F&B strategy and align Unit F&B strategy
- Develop strategic objectives for the Units F&B deliverables
- Facilitate the project management and achievement of milestones of F&B deliverables
- Direct F&B product analyses and benchmark with leading F&B trends
- Identify and investigate new F&B opportunities for the property
- Establish revenue targets per outlet to track performance on a daily basis
- Develop business action plans and promotions to capitalize on revenue and drive incremental revenues.
- Leverage off suppliers to drive value add promotional activity
- Complete a competitor analysis of food, beverage and conferencing products in property catchment areas including pricing comparisons
- Conduct product performance analyses / reviews and make recommendations to address opportunities and gaps
- Provide product rationalisation on a regular basis or as required
- Motivate new product enhancements F&B Standards & Governance
- Oversee F&B standards and processes at a unit level
- Integrates Group standards into Unit Operations
- Align practices with new legislative compliance around health, hygiene, safety and the environment
- Implement sufficient control measures (including systems and processes) & checks within each department to mitigate any financial risk to the business
- Consolidation monthly Financial Reports for the entire food and beverage operation including consolidated views of:
Salary forecast vs actuals salary monthly forecast to be based on rosters. Track and monitor salary cost in relation to revenue achieved daily and make adjustments throughout the month to bring salary cost in line as a percentage of revenue
- Budget forecasts & control
- Motivate and manage Capex requirements
- Complete Cost of Sales reports including
Theoretical COS per outlet for food & beverage respectively.
Recipes Recipe links needs to be in place to ensure accuracy and legitimacy of theoretical as well as put us in a position for the theoretical to be system generated.
Food recipe All menu item food recipes to be reviewed and signed off and where needed recaptured into the system MC or IFS to ensure accurate food theoretical.
Procurement All supplier prices and supplier price quotes to be reviewed and monitored on a monthly basis going forward to ensure we monitor and track price movements to minimize input cost fluctuations.
Cost control oversee the conducting of accurate stock takes in line with Company process. Use stock takes variance reports to manage underperforming outlets in relation to COS.