Responsible for managing the IT business continuity management programme and team in the development, integration and implementation of the IT business continuity (BC) and disaster recovery (DR) management programs for the Sun International Group in line with business objectives and regulatory requirements, to ensure that the business is appropriately prepared and can respond to any unexpected disruptions to normal activities
- Grade 12
- B.Com ; Information Systems or Computer Science
- Knowledge on best practice IT Governance and BCM frameworks and their application including ISO 23001, COBIT 5, COSO, ITIL, King IV report
- Member or associate of the BCI institute.
- Preferable ISO 23001
- BCI Certifications
- Minimum of 6 years relevant IT experience in and IT business continuity and IT Risk environment
- Experience of IT architecture at a management level
- Technical ability to understand core requirements for IT recovery and failovers.
- Demonstrated competence in control assessments and BCM/DR testing and failovers
Skills and Knowledge
- Customer Service orientation
- Attention to detail, Emotional resilience
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to operate on a wide range of topics and projects at one time
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills including strong conflict resolution skills
- Facilitation & Negotiation skills
- Project Management
Key Performance Areas:
- Responsible for the development and rollout of Sun International BCM and Disaster Recovery Program with a focus on potential technology risks and threats and the protection of data and information through facilitating relevant modification to organization behaviour policies and standards, principles, processes and related tools
- Define and govern a Group BCM governance implementation roadmap including strategic priorities for the planning and implementation of SIs BCM / recovery strategy, information security controls, and contingency plans in various areas of the business
- Assist Group IT Governance Management in establishing and infusing sound BCM and risk management principles in the Group IT / technology governance strategy from endpoint to cloud-based technologies
- Define roles and responsibilities related to technology governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the Groups principal information assets
- Promote the development, integration and use of centralized, enterprise-wide BCM and DR programs
- Serve as a liaison between functional areas and IT to ensure that data and technology related business requirements for protecting sensitive information are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and included in operational prioritization and planning
- Oversee the implementation of risk impact analyses to determine the impact of failure of hardware, systems and data loss for critical business processes.
- Collaborate with functional management and security to ensure solutions are in place throughout IT systems and platforms to mitigate any identified risks and meet business objectives and regulatory requirements
- Perform DR failover tests and maintain results for the Group
- Perform gap analyses to examine existing processes and technologies and discover loopholes leading to poor BCM quality and improvement opportunities
- Identify and coordinate external data sources to eliminate redundancy and streamline associated expenses, making recommendations to enhance existing information management practices and methodologies
- Work to identify treatments for control gaps and remedial actions related to cyber security incidents ensuring the adoption or development of relevant security services
- Be available as a subject matter expert in disaster recovery and business continuity planning and provide guidance and timely recovery following the occurrence of an outage or major disasters, such as fires, earthquakes, floods, biochemical attacks, pandemics, electrical disruptions, and network disruptions which result in the partial or complete disruption of business operations Support
- Manage and be responsible for Technology Risk including all compliance submissions.
- Oversee the development and availability of standards and processes for BCM governance and data management ensuring they are updated and communicated
- Understand and integrates Group standards into business Operations
- Monitor and align practices with new legislative compliance, gaming regulation requirements and security protocols
- Implement sufficient control measures (including systems and processes) & checks to mitigate any risk to the business.
- Ensure all IT governance staff are trained and found competent against regulatory requirements
- Works with internal stakeholders (functional specialists, surveillance, security and internal auditors) to identify risk areas and address these
- Oversee testing and compliance of new or enhanced products to ensure business and regulatory requirements are met.
- Create, update and communicate on SOPS with regard to standards, processes, procedures, checklists, regional compliance and technology security and governance requirements
- Develop an understanding of information flow and system architecture and how it relates to underlying data structures
- Develop, manage and report on audits conducted relative to standards and policies for maximized information management, including the communication and implementation of remedial actions
- Translate high level compliance requirements into technology requirements and develop robust, business rules and technology quality standards.
- Responsible for embedding security controls into the SDLC methodology
- Determine and develop processes for collecting meaningful metrics and reporting to align with regulatory requirements and governance frameworks
- Review the interfaces and tracking dashboards and reports in order to resolve any issues timeously
- Stay current with incident response, digital forensics methodology, the associated legal requirements and threats applicable to the South Africa.
- Identify security and technology controls required for new digital products, including blockchain technology, mobile IT, Devops and ensure resilience strategies are in place.
- Monitor plans for IT BCM projects, awareness programmes and remedial actions to improve and maintain standards
- Create a detailed programme plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully achieve standards against regulations
- Perform and own failover tests for key applications and contact centre and track results.
- Determine the resources required to achieve standards
- Determine the targets, objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
- Ensure incident response, evacuations and call trees are embedded within the group.
- Develop a dashboard that will be managed throughout the process to ensure that planned benefits always have owners and are achieved, sustained and optimise BCM objectives.
- Prepare and submit for in?principle approval the actions to be taken providing essential decision?making information regarding purpose, contribution to business objectives, expected value created, time frames, etc.
- Oversee the execution of projects and initiatives by making key decisions, exercising overall control, assigning and co-ordinating resources
- Oversee the set-up of files to ensure that all information and spend related to the initiatives is appropriately documented and secured
- Monitor solution delivery and (benefit/outcome) performance against plan throughout the audit cycle
- Report on progress and challenges where relevant and follow up on updates and risk mitigation