The receipt and dispatch of stock in and out of the warehouse from suppliers and distribution to the different outlets.
- Matric or equivalent
- At least 1 year hospitality experience as a Storeman would be an advantage
Skills and Knowledge
- To demonstrate a positive attitude towards work, customers, colleagues and superiors.
- To act as a team encourage pride, passion and integrity in your colleagues.
- To immediately communicate any maintenance issues and hazards to your Manager immediately.
- To immediately communicate all issues relating to non-adherence of company standard to management.
Key Performance Areas:
- Receiving of stock into the warehouse,
- Picking of stock from the procure stock request as per outlets.
- Take stock to designated outlets as quickly as possible.
- To ensure that Management or most senior staff member receive, check and sign stock delivered as per procure stock request.
- To ensure that paperwork is submitted to Administration for recording and the invoicing of outlets.
- To ensure that sufficient chemicals are available to the stewards in the kitchen to perform duties.
- Assist with stock take daily / weekly.
- To minimise costs by carefully handling stock and breakables in your work areas.
- To comply with company procedures regarding wastage, when serving or handling company issued equipment and / products.
- Be prepared to work in areas other than those designated from time to time as and when required.
- To contribute to a harmonious working environment at all times.
- To be aware of and adhere to both legal and company policies and regulations.
- Be prepared to work overtime from time to time after prior arrangement with the Warehouse Manager, Warehouse Supervisor & / Senior Management whilst on duty.
- Warehouse Store men to clean warehouse/kitchen fridges/dry stores and the loading bay area on an ongoing basis with emphasis on the end of day cleaning.
- To assist in general operation of a reasonable nature outside the Warehouse, with proper notification and time permitted.