The Events Manager will be responsible to be the primary client contact for the successful planning, co-ordination and delivery of allocated events, including high volume, large-scale and special events on the business unit property with the objectives of creating a public image and the reputation of the business units brand as the events venue of choice.
- 3 year Diploma in Hotel Management
- Minimum of 4 years experience in an events management role
- Experience in the hotel and gaming industry would be an advantage
Skills and Knowledge
- Events Planning & Co-ordination
- Events Management
- Strong English Verbal & Written Communication skills
- Business Acumen
- Networking skills
- Financial awareness
- Emotional resilience and ability to handle pressure
- Proficient Computer Skills (MS Office / Opera)
Key Performance Areas:
- Completion of group evaluations & quotations for effective business placement
- Facilitate the planning and co-ordination of logistical arrangements for the delivery of designated events, including large scale and special events in line with the event itinerary i.e. accommodation, food & beverage & transport with relevant stakeholders and departments across the business unit
- Conduct site inspections with clients with regards venues and facilities
- Have an up-to-date understanding of facilities and products available for events and conferencing
- Attend pre-event meetings and work with client to understand their event and conferencing requirements
- Offer solutions in line with client requirements and facilitate requirements with third party suppliers including menus, dÃ©cor, flowers, set-up, music, etc. where required
- Use any opportunities to upsell on the event
- Include billing instructions for the event on the function sheets, and track expenses
- Compile function sheets and distribute to relevant stakeholders and departments
- Record all correspondence from a company perspective to ensure brand is maintained
- Resolve any problems and queries in accordance with contract stipulations, and escalate when required
- Compile the running order schedule to accurately reflect customer requirements
- Check that the venue set up meets technical (lighting, sound) and customer requirements
- Check the set-up requirements for entertainment, catering, dÃ©cor, etc. in line with customer requirements and facilitate any necessary changes with relevant operationsl stakeholders (e.g. F&B, Banqueting, Entertainment, etc) at least 1 hour prior to start of event.
- Log calls with maintenance or IT to ensure resolution of any technical faults
- Communicate regularly with relevant stakeholders and relevant departments with regards potential problems, challenges and changes
- Escalate any issues / challenges being experienced
- Update any final amendments to function sheets and ensure the distribution to all event stakeholders
- Complete post event administration including: event information documents, arena attendance figures and billing.
- Communicate with clients to understand their needs, event opportunities, as well as any challenges encountered during the planning and co-ordination of the event
- Communicate with suppliers / contractors with regards requirements for specific events, leveraging relationships to optimise the event within the set budget
- Partner with suppliers in design and delivery of the event requirements
- Liaise with multiple departments in the co-ordination and execution of conferencing and events including F&B, security, gaming, etc.
- Liaise with events and banqueting management to evaluate the post-mortem of the event and make recommendations for future implementation
- Support and assist the Groups & Events Manager in maintaining event standards, making recommendations to improve the events offering and pricing.
- Proactively builds relationships with clients to ensure customer satisfaction and return business