Unit:The Table Bay
The HRBP is responsible for partnering with Business Leaders, Centre Of Excellence and HR Consultants in building the Functional capabilities for driving sustainable, profitable business growth.
Through HR thought leadership, s/he is responsible for building a functional culture and operating environment that is conducive to attracting, developing and retaining - the Best in Class talent. In particular, s/he will actively provide input into Functional Business planning and Growth initiatives in order to drive the strategic business agenda, underpinned by a diverse, productive and engaged workforce.
The role is required to ensure compliance and minimise the risk of all HR operations processes within the business.
- Matric/ Grade 12
- Relevant 3 year Diploma or University Degree
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive human resources generalist experience with a strong background in employment and selection, training, organization development, compensation, employee relations and employment law.
Skills and Knowledge
- Human resource function knowledge
- Change Management
- Performance Management
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Project Management
- Employee Benefits
- Employee Relations
- HR Information Systems
- Recruitment / Placement
- Workforce Planning
- Employee Development
- Organisational Design
- Managing Risk
- Generating Solutions
- Customer service Orientation
- Stakeholder Relationship Management
Key Performance Areas:
Work conditions and special requirements:
- Ability to work shifts that meet operation requirements
- Ability to work in stressful and changing environments
- Compile an HR strategy with clear initiatives and measures as aligned to business
- Development of HR solutions as required by business needs
- Compile action plans to deliver HR business objectives
- Communicate to BUs / management / employees
- Obtain feedback with regards implementation
- Conduct analysis and monitor implementation
- Measure progress on a regular basis
HR Operating Model Implementation:
- Provides input and guidance on HR requirements for business project action plans
- Plans and monitors execution of relevant HR projects as per the business needs
- Implements, communicates and offers advice on standard HR systems, processes, policies, procedures, plans, and ensure programs are in place and effectively utilized (compensation, employee relations, staffing, performance management, etc.).
High Performance Culture Implementation:
- Meets with operational management to ensure organisational norms and values are integrated into the operation and ways of working in the business unit
- Offer advice and facilitate the integration of these plans in the BU departments, in line with Group standards
- Works with internal stakeholders (surveillance, security and internal auditors) to identify risk areas and address these
- Partners with ER Manager to ensure a sound ER environment within the relevant business units
Organisational Effectiveness Intervention Implementation:
- Support the achievement of the SI Employee Value Proposition and Employer Branding in order to create a Great Place To Work environment.
- Provides input into the talent retention programmes within the relevant business units.
- Acts as coach and a trusted business advisor to influence management in the areas of organization effectiveness, implementing change, organization architecture, building capability and the implications of short and long-term decisions.
- Assists with the implementation of change plans
- Monitors the execution of the business case for change against agreed metrics.
- Proactively feels the pulse of the Business unit and feeds information through to management for action
People Management and Development:
- Participate in Employee and Union interactions
- Facilitate a performance management culture
- Prepares HR reports
- Monitor compliance to HR standards
- Provides support to all HR employees with regard to project implementation and innovation
- Provides motivation to promote positive working relationships
Stakeholder Relationship Management:
- Identifies service requirements and performance
- Maintains regular communication (e.g. communicates product performance) with stakeholders
- Manages non-conformance issues
- Meetings attended as per schedule
- Departments / staff are informed of information required to meet their needs and contributes to operational effectiveness
- Departments objectives, standards and operating procedures are communicated to internal and external service providers as per SLA